No more Kettle

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I am now officially the proud new owener of a WSM. After smoking on my Kettle for a few years it is now going to be forced into an early retirement. OK, so maybe not retirement but I will only use it for grilling now. My wife suprised me for my birthday and bought me one. Now I have to start planning for the maiden voyage for my new smoker.

Happy Birthday!! Be sure to pat your wife on the head and call her a good little wife, for she is a pearl beyond price.

You will love the WSM! But do not turn your back on the poor kettle. Have you seen those sort of dull colored, kinda flattish looking things on four spindly legs in some backyards as you drive down the freeway? Those were once proud, shiny useful Weber kettles whose owners gotta smoker and ignored the poor kettle. Rejection set in followed by severe depression and you know the rest of the story. /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Love thy kettle and it will continue to serve you well! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Fired up the kettle yesterday with burgers and smoked sasuage. Fire was still going so did a grill load of chicken breasts with Cavenders seasoning.

Going to try my first smoked turkey in a few weeks. Can't live without both cooking machines.

Congrats on yer birthday gift...nice!!! The little women must REALLY love you!!!
Dont count out the kettle though....sounds like it is a family member now. Good luck with your maiden smoke. Being a seasoned "Bullet" owner now (for the past 2 weeks)..lol...I find it to be very forgiving, almost to the point of being fool proof.

Down South Jukin'

My Weber 22.5 kettle is 12 years young.

For dinner tonight I grilled some T-bones, and shrimp skewers, on the kettle.

My kettle got a new lease on life for grilling after I found out about "lump" charcoal.

Congrats on your WSM!

-Gary K

Lump and the Weber Kettle go hand in hand. Once I tried lump I have never used Kingsford again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back