Nice French trimmed lamb chops ?

Guy Wallace

TVWBB Super Fan
We have done them befor but want a kina greek rub thing this time any ideas anyone KEVIN ??
icon_smile.gif

We picked up some really nice ones tonight and Were going to do them Sunday with lemon potatoes a nice greek salad maybe a vegie maybe not ! Normaly the small greek place we get them when we go out its just a giant greek sald the lemon potatoes and the chops of course the proper olives and very hi quality feta will be at hand I have a LOT a greek friends . But most own restaraunts and don't pass around there rrecipes
icon_frown.gif

I know they merinade theres in 5 gal buckets but as to the herrbs and spice some are obvious others well no not to me anyway !

Either or is fine I know they do a marinade here in greektown but would just as soon do a rub .Were open to any iodea !

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. Waylaid.

The flavors in a typical marinade would be garlic, onion, Greek oregano, lemon and/or red wine vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper, probably thyme and possibly bay.

For a rub only, I'd likely combine 2 parts granulated garlic with 1 part each onion and oregano, 1/2 part thyme, 1/3 part marjoram (it's sweeter than oregano and will boost its flavor), 1/6-1/3 part each powdered bay and pepper. As always, I'd salt the meat first, before applying the rub, letting the salt draw moisture so the rub then sticks well when it is applied over the salt.

One could add good evoo to the dry mix, perhaps with a bit pf pressed garlic and some lemon, and turn this into a paste rub, or the rub could be used dry and lemon and oil served on the side as condiments, to squeeze and drizzle on at table.

Back