NIB red SS Performer picked up today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim M.

TVWBB Super Fan
Today the product won out over the price on Craiglist..picked this up from a super nice gentleman, he even offered to meet me to cut a bunch of time from my trip. I usually only chase these if the price is a no-brainer but I had to have it.
wsmsmile8gm.gif

DSCN1571.jpg

DSCN1572.jpg

I paid $180 for it. If I see a Performer for less than $100 I'll chase it and pay it forward to friends who tell me they are looking for one so it was out of the usual "bargain" range but I may have to put this one on the deck.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jeff Kolodziejski:
wow Tim...very impressive...did you get a good price on it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Congratulations Tim! You are really on a roll! I think this is what AJ would refer to as "karma"
icon_rolleyes.gif
. You gave the rare brown ss Performer away and then came across this one. What year is it? Please post lots of pictures. We need to document the unwrapping and assembly. I bet it has some good literature in it as well.

Karma good, Red SS even Better! What is the date code?
I am suprised the seller wanted so much for it.
Either way, you got a good deal..

VERY nice...I would LOVE one of those deals!!lol...I am on the search for a red one like that.
I will have to settle with a redhead OTS for 20 bucks today..lol..

Ok so got a chance to open it this afternoon. "N" date code, I liked the charcoal that was inside the bin. My Golden loved the vintage cardboard.
icon_smile.gif

DSCN1576.jpg

DSCN1577.jpg

DSCN1579.jpg

DSCN1581.jpg

DSCN1584.jpg

DSCN1585.jpg

DSCN1586.jpg

DSCN1589.jpg

DSCN1590.jpg

We didn't get a chance to fire it or pull the plastic off the stainless but Kroger has Flatirons on sale, going to give them a whirl tomorrow night.

Not sure I'll be able to get the tank filled?

Unbelievable! What a score! I bet those hardwood briquettes will be good quality. Will you be cooking the steaks over it?

That had to be a good feeling putting that together.

AJ-I have a Weber pamphlet from the early 90s that lists 4 Performer Touch-n-Go colors:
#824001 Red (matches Joels model)
#821001 Black
#825001 Blue
#829001 Brown

All 4 colors were also offered for the regular performer, the Mastertouch, and all One-Touch models.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back