NG /LP Manifold Genesis 1000/3000 help.

Rich Dahl

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
I picked up a 1996 Genesis 3000 and was told it was NG and had a NG hose on it. The person I got it from said he wanted NG and bought it used but never hooked it up as it was to expensive to run a gas line for it. So I have no history on it.
When I took off the control panel the spec plate underneath said it was LP not NG. So I called Weber twice to ask if they could tell me how to identify if the manifold was NG or LP. Both times they said there was no way to tell the difference. I not buying that, something has to tell the assembly people which goes into what box and the parts people would have to be able to identify the difference if someone ordered one or the other.
So I decided to try it and see, well I hooked it up to an LP regulator and fired it up, obviously not an LP manifold as the flames from the burners came up about 6" from the tubes, way to much fire. Put my known existing LP manifold with the same regulator and it worked fine.

Two questions, Does anyone know if there is a way to ID the manifold and being that's it's a 1996 did Weber at any time sell conversion kits for LP to NG, I know they don't now.

Thanks in advance for any info you can share.

Just look at the orifices. I don't recall the actual size(s) but the NG ones are much larger holes on the ends than the propane. I can tell just by looking because the the differences are pretty obvious once you know

They should have the size stamped on the orifice. I think a 53 is for NG and a 70 is for LP.

orifice332lpng.jpg

Edit: I will get it right sooner or later.

Last edited:
Well that answers the question, the jet size is 100 it looks about the same as the 53 in the photo, nothing like the 70. Don't know why it's such a higher number, but it looks about the same size as the 53.
Thanks for the help guys I appreciate it.

If you need lp orifices you can buy the hex heads and a #70(.028) drill bit and drill them yourself. You will also need an lp regulator.

Edit:The hex heads should be 3/8". Hope this helps.

Jeff,
I reused the LP manifold off the 1000LX I moved to the 3000 frame. I have NG on the patio and my E320 is NG. I have an extra NG hose so I might convert it back to NG as the now 2000 will be right next to the E320, no more lugging propane, Oh happy days.
Thanks for the info on the plugs and bits.

Last edited:

Back