NFL Conference Championship Sunday

Tony C.

TVWBB Wizard
what are you cooking? i just got a really nice looking 14+ pound packer from Walmart. it has a pretty thick flat and is overall pretty short for a 14 pounder. plan on doing it HH sunday so it will be ready for the start of the AFC game. i hope to not be crying in my burnt ends by games end. GO STEELERS!!!!

Go Steeler Go,Good luck on your packer or is it a Green Bay Packer, I hope the Steelers win just to shut up Rex Ryan no other reason. I would love to see a Steeler vs Packer Superbowl just to cook a packer.

yes. i am hoping for a Steelers vs Packers Super Bowl as well. i didn't even think about the Packer reference for my cook
icon_smile.gif

I'm going to do boneless chix breasts a'la Al's kettle style fried and use them for a couple of buffalo chicken cutlet subs- Frank's mixed with some blue cheese dressing for the sauce, diced celery and shredded lettuce on top. I figure I'll put the subs out at half time when the Bears are cruising.
icon_razz.gif

Going to have to go with a Steelers v Packers bowl. Throwing a brisket in tomorrow morning. Going to be around 5 degrees in the morning here. Man I love BBQ in the winter.
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Fried chicken wings tossed in med/hot buffalo sauce. Then to the grill -- Brats with beer and onions and a dijon/Budweiser reduction sauce.

GO PACK, GO.

Grinding/stuffing bratwursts from Charcuterie in the morning. Grilling them in the afternoon for the games.

Gotta go with the Bears/Jets for no other reason than I had Jay Cutler and the Jets Defense on my fantasy team all year. 1st year doing fantasy football and I took 3rd or 10...Not too shabby.

Well I thought of doing the wings today since it was a a beautiful -16c degrees but figured I'd rather have them pretty fresh. So as my luck would have it they changed the forecast for tomorrow from -10c to -32c. Oh well at least its still supposed to be sunny.....and the beer will be cold.

IMG_4738.jpg

Ground, stuffed and ready to go on the kettle at halftime of the 1st game. Sauteed a test piece before stuffing...OMG! Awesome!!

Well since it is a chilly 61 deg f (probably gotta break out the long pants) I think that we are going to opt for burning some burgers and grilled onions on the kettle.

-Don

Cooked up some taco and taquito filling (different things) for later. Got some ABTs smoking on the grill now.

Still pondering what to do for the Super Bowl. Might be that BB on the WSM (if it's not gone before then
icon_razz.gif
).

Rich

I did two huge rakes of Pork Spare Ribs. I typically do them at 4 hours, but they just didn't quite perfect, so I went 5 hours. Wow...just amazing.

I just the Weber rub they sent out in the email the other day for t-bones.

Salt
Pepper
Ancho Chili Powder
Coco Powder
Brown Sugar

Was very, very good....could have used a little more heat in the rub. But **** good.

Back