next weeks lunches

Tony C.

TVWBB Wizard
getting ready to throw a 5.5# german bologna on the WSM. i'll for sure have to freeze some since i'm the only one here who'll eat it.

rubbedbologna.jpg

this is 1st one i've done. just took a whole bologna and slathered with mustard and sprinkled with dizzy dust and swamp venom rubs from dizzy pig. smoking at 250 until it gets to about 140ish. then i'll cool and slice fore sammich's. i'll take finish pics for ya.

edit...

i forgot to add that you should score it pretty good because it will swell up pretty good. if you have ever fried bologna you'll know what i mean. i scored the top and all around it about 1/4 inch deep. i left the bottom alone.

here it is resting and after it rested 30 minutes i couldn't wait anymore. made a darn good sammich. btw, took 4 hours@250 to reach 140 internal.

restingbologna.jpg

sliceofbologna.jpg

Oh man, that looks so good. I can only imagine how good that would be on soft white bread with crisp shredded lettuce and a nice super ripe tomato.

I gotta calm down, Im getting excited over here.

icon_biggrin.gif

i'm think of frying up a slice in the morning and having a fried egg,cheese and smoked bologna sandwich. yum.

I can gar-on-tee that if you take that to work with you, there won't be any leftovers to freeze!!!
icon_biggrin.gif
Looks great!

Bill
wsmsmile8gm.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tony C.:
i'm think of frying up a slice in the morning and having a fried egg,cheese and smoked bologna sandwich. yum. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
When you make your eggs don't forget the chives in them. I don't make eggs without them anymore. It's a nice addition to them.
icon_wink.gif

Back