Next day ribs

R_Sanchez

TVWBB Member
So far I have only cooked what we are planning on eating for that day. With the holidays here and the parties that come with it, I want to learn the best way to cook my ribs on Friday for a party the next night.

Right now, my only plan is to cook as normal then on Saturday night turn up the grill till its at its hottest and do a quick re-heat before serving. Although I am afraid this will dry them out. Any tips greatly appreciated!

I usually grill them on low heat, bringing them just to serving/eating temperature since they're completely cooked already.

If I sauce or glaze, I will wait until reheating and do that while I'm warming them up.

For parties I usually cut my ribs into individual bones and reheat on the gas grill. I like my ribs with a good bit of tug to them so when you reheat to serve you don't have to worry about them being overdone.

It usually takes me 4 hours to cook ribs. If I am planning on saving a rack or two to eat for a later date I will pull them off after 3.5 hours. I vac seal them and put them in the freezer. When it comes time to eat them I just defrost them and then toss them on the grill indirect and reheat them. If you like sauce do this at the end. Sometimes I think the leftover ribs taste better than the ones I ate when I first smoked them.

These are some good ideas. Mine probably would have overcooked my ribs.

I will give it a try. I think I will also try Johns idea about throwing some in the freezer for those last minute bbq cravings! Would sure beat those pre-cooked store bought I have.

Back