Newly Refurbed Silver B

Yep, I haven't seen anyone paint the endcaps a different color, but that is definitely a possibility. I would refrain from any of the lighter colors however as they will show more grease and grime. That is why the predominant color for grills is black.

The Platinum C I recently picked up has a grey cook box and endcaps, presumably to match the stainless frame. Not too fond of the monochromatic look so thinking either black (like the Golds) or charcoal colored.

Christian: Go ahead and give it a go with the copper paint. It may hold up a good long time, but I would refrain from putting things like BBQ tools and other stuff on top of the grill. I will be interested to see how it looks after a summer of cooking. If you decide it isn't working out, it should be pretty easy to take the paint off if you decide to. The nice porcelain will still be under neath it.

By the way, I am guessing that is the Rustoleum Ultra High Heat paint and it does work real well on Weber Q grill lids.

HVb3mEz.jpg

Thanks for the input- I didn't think of these things when doing it, but it is done now and I'm hopeful it will hold up, given that it is built in and kept covered when not in use, it is not susceptible to too much abuse. And as for putting tools or anything else on it, again I have counter top on both sides to put stuff. Anyway- I will keep you updated as to how it holds up this summer. Thanks again for your input!!! Chris

Sounds great Chris. By the way, what color is under the paint?

If you truly want some variety, keep your eyes open and look for a Blue, Red, Maroon, Teal or one of the other factory colors that Weber has used in the past. A lot of times, the lids way outlast the frames and other parts and people just put them out for free curb pickup or only ask $20 for the whole grill. There are a lot of grills lids out there that would fit your setup.

Christian,
I, too, will be very interested to see how you fare over time. It is a cool look, so I hope it does well for you, even if not the recommended method.

I picked up an old Genesis where someone painted the hood with flat black high heat paint:p! Yech!!:p:p The paint actually seemed to have held up, but looked horrible. After first using 0000 steel wool to remove a small portion, I followed advice from Larry Michaels and hit it with paint remover. The old flat black paint just melted off revealing a beautiful maroon hood:D! I never have figured out what the prior owner was thinking:confused:.

In your case, you have made the hood look great, so I agree with the advice to be careful and give it a go. If it doesn’t work out, paint remover will easily put you back where you started.

I will let you know how it holds up--- Happy Grilling

Well we are coming up on the 4th of July and the grill is still looking good, no issues with the paint on the lid. I have been using it a couple of time a week with no issue. I am careful not to put tools or anything on it that would scratch the paint, but either way, it is still looking good.

Happy 4th to all!!!!!!

Hello All- We are nearing the end of Summer and I have used the grill on a very regular basis since re-doing it back in the Spring. The painted lid has held up fine. I have however been careful not to put BBQ tools or other items on the paint, but that is how I have always worked around the grill.

Back