Newbie help---SS performer or Newer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobby B

TVWBB Fan
Hello all! I currently cook with both a 22.5 OTS and an old 26 brownie. I have searched many topics on this site to help with an idea for a cart or table to go with both of my grills. Then it suddenly came to me......you big dummy, just get a performer. It has an attachment to hold the lid, work space, and a grate below-----duh, no brainer! Plus it's an excuse to buy another Weber.(It has become addicting) So my question is should I wait for one to show up on CL that is stainless or is there a benefit to getting a newer model? Pro's and Con's? Anyone used both? I do like the look of the SS Perfomer better, especially the blue one.

Side note: If I could ever get the hang of posting pictures I could show all of you my $20 CL find 26" brownie, all cleaned up, and a first cook with it. If I could get "step by step posting in-line pictures for dummies" that would be helpful! (Dummy like me)I managed to do it through a link, but I personally like to view them in-line better, plus it still took me forever through the link.

This site is awesome, everyone is so helpful, I cant' help but getting on here to see what is new atleast 3 times a day. Thanks ya'll

I love my new one, but I think you can get a great deal on CL.

I too never had luck with pictures. I signed up for photobucket, it's really easy to use. Ads are a little annoying, but it's free.

Just sign up, updload the pics. Once uploaded, hover your mouse over the pic and it will show you 4 different links/codes. The 2nd one down is the direct link. Copy that.

On your post here, click the 3rd icon from the right, the one that looks like a pic. Paste the link in that field and click ok and your done.

There will always be a Performer in my yard no matter the model year. The work surface and gas ignition have given me my own version of an outdoor kitchen that gets used at least 5 nights a week and most Sat and Sun mornings.

I have had both generations but currently use a 2010 red. It was the only one I purchased new the rest were CL finds. I really liked the brick red look with the new style cart that was the only reason I bought new.

You can't go wrong with either, I feel like I can abuse this new style a little bit more than my old SS models but that's preference I guess. I just never wanted to scratch the stainless it looked so good.
icon_smile.gif

By the way there is a blue stainless available up in Tidewater if you aren't that far away... go get it!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bobby B:

Side note: If I could get "step by step posting in-line pictures for dummies" that would be helpful! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Bobby try using Picasa, it works for me. I was totally "PPC". I just couldn't' get the darn hang of it, until I read this post from Charles Howse. (Thanks again Charles)
http://tvwbb.com/eve/forums/a/...=685100186#685100186
Now I can post my photos. There's a saying on this site. It's not true, or it didn't really happen, unless there's pics.
icon_smile.gif

Tim, I saw the one you are talking about but I thought the price was high? I sent them an e-mail anyway just to see.

Mac, I'll have to give that a try and see if it works for me too.

Anyone else reading this post, please chime in, your advice and experience is gladly appreciated!

I've looked at the new performers and I gotta say I think the older ones have a little more room on the table. I haven't seen them side by side so this is just a guess. One big difference for me was the charcoal is hidden under the SS top on the old style where it is slid under the table on the new guys. Are these huge problems surely not and its up to your personal preference either way. You can't go wrong with a new one that's for sure! Just take a look at them and decide if you want a new one or wait for a deal online. Could always get a new one and wait for the deal online anyway!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back