New York Strips for dinner!

Matt Falk

TVWBB Member
Decided to splurge and get some New York Strips for dinner tonight. Slapped a little canola oil on them, then seasoned them with Penzey's Chicago Steak seasoning and left em to sit. Fired up my grill, and parboiled some red potatoes in the microwave. Then I mixed them with Penzey's Mural of Flavor, garlic, butter, salt, pepper and shredded sharp cheddar in some foil. Wrapped that up and threw them on the grill. Cooked the steaks for 3 minutes per side on full blast (400 degrees!), then plated, foiled, and let them rest. Tossed some asparagus in olive oil and Penzey's Sunny Spain seasoning. They only took about 2 minutes on the grill, which was still smoking hot. Plated all the food and voila. Steaks turned out amazing. Threw a pat of irish butter on there and went to town.
icon_smile.gif

2012-03-06_18-04-55_132.jpg

2012-03-06_18-06-07_977.jpg

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Fired up my grill... They only took about 2 minutes on the grill, which was still smoking hot. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Matt, where's your GRILL??!! Hopefully, it's a WEBER!
icon_biggrin.gif

Really, Dinner looks AWESOME! Great Stuff!

Thanks for all the kind words! I've been having troubles with overcooking my steaks, so I've vowed to perfect medium rare by the end of the summer.
icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jim Lampe:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Fired up my grill... They only took about 2 minutes on the grill, which was still smoking hot. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Matt, where's your GRILL??!! Hopefully, it's a WEBER!
icon_biggrin.gif

Really, Dinner looks AWESOME! Great Stuff! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's not.
icon_frown.gif
I was young and inexperienced in the grilling arts when I bought it several years ago.
icon_wink.gif

I'm in the process of saving up for a Performer. Hopefully will be getting it this summer.
icon_smile.gif

Good looking steak, Matt. You must have some kind of heat on your grill to get them done that fast.

I'm not sure how accurate the dome thermometer is on my grill, but it said 400 degrees.

I was surprised and actually thought I overcooked them because they felt pretty done when I did the "feel test" on them. But they turned out great!

Back