NEW YEAR EVE SALMON

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I HAVE BEEN ELECTED TO SMOKE SALMON ON NEW YEAR EVE. I LIVE IN CHICAGO AREA AND I,M EXPECTING 25 TO 30 DEGREES. I,M COOKING FOR 10 PEOPLE AND HAVE TWO FILETS ON ORDER. THE COOK WILL TAKE PLACE IN MY GARAGE AND I,M USING THE BROWN SUGAR RUB RECIPE FROM YOUR WEB SITE. MY QUESTION IS HOW TO ADJUST THE RECIPE FOR TWO FILETS AND THE WEATHER. I CAN GET MY COOKER OUT OF THE WIND AND I HAVE A MAVERICK. THANKS JERRY

The recipe says 3 pound fillets but the amount of rub would do up to 5 pounds. Produce enough rub based on your total weight of the fish.
Jim

Gerald
I used the brown sugar rub just two weeks ago, and I have to call your attention to one sentence in the recipe: where it says to rinse the rub off well or it may be too salty....Chris is exactly right.

I didn't rinse well enough on a few pieces of my salmon and they were way too salty. Those that were well-rinsed turned out delicious.

Other than that, smoked salmon is about the easiest thing you can do. Enjoy.

Peter

lewjeff,

I smoke in my garage all winter. Have the WSM set up just inside the garage door. Leave the door fully open while smoking. 4' - 6' cleared area around the cooker, well stocked cooler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back