New WSMC

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I just ordered my WSM cooker and expect to receive it in a couple of days. I Have a question about seasoning. In looking through this great site I didn't see anything about seasoning the cooker prior to first use. Did I miss this information somewhere? My guess would be that the cooker should be seasoned first. Right?

I found that it works good from the begining and gets better with seasoning. They say the temps have a tendency to run higher until it has been used a few times but this didn't seem to be a problem for me.
Billy Gardner

Welcome Peter, you will love the WSM. Have you cooked on another smoker or is this your first? I agree with the others, just fire it up and start smoking, no seasoning required.
By the way, how did you get them to name the city after you?
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by Doug Wilbur (edited 06-06-2001).]

I went right ahead and started using my WSM to cook ribs (1st time) and and a pork butt and shoulder (2nd time). I got rave reviews for both meals (especiaslly the shoulder and butt!) I'm VERY impressed with the WSM! I can't believe how easy it was right from the beginning. It's the first time I've ever cooked with a smoker.

Peter H.

Peter,

Your most recent post brings a big smile to my face! Have a great time with your new cooker, and keep impressing family and friends!
smile.gif

Best regards,
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back