New WSM with out of the box defects

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Received my WSM on Wednesday from Amazon.com, due to T-DAY I finally pulled it out of the box today. Here is a short description of the defects I found.

The center section (middle cooking section) has several porcelain defects out of the box. The top two holes on the door side have porcelain/enamel missing around the holes on the outside of the unit. On the left about a "dime sized" portion of enamel is missing and on the right hole about a "nickel" sized portion is missing. Two concerns here, first...it's brand new but does not look it and the second and larger concern is rust. There is also some "bubbling" of the enamel on the right side of the center section, the enamel is still intact there, but I am not sure for how long.

I sent an email off to Weber service questioning these problems. I am a little bummed, I was hoping to not have any defects on the unit similar to those described in the "tour" section of this site.

The fastest approach is to call Weber Customer Service at 800-446-1071. Explain the situation and they will send you a replacement for free.

This doesn't happen too often, but Weber makes good on it when it does.

Hang in there,
Chris

When I ordered a simpsons grill from amazon (two in fact) both had problems with the enamel. I would venture to say that amazon or ups might be beating these things up a bit.
Weber replaced for free and fast. they will take care of you for sure!

Staying true to their outstanding customer service, Weber FedEx'ed a replacement center section in less than one week after I let them know about the problem.

Too bad the center sections don't stack too well (I tried and there was some gaps) or I would have a double bullet.

I fired up my bullet for her maiden run...three racks of baby backs using the BRITU recipe and a butterflied chicken. No problems with temperature even though it was 15F outside with high winds, I even ended up with charcoal not fully spent. The ribs and chicken turned out GREAT and my guests were very impressed as was I.

On Saturday, I am going to try a big picnic pork shoulder. I have seen quite a few butt references, but not many for shoulders...any suggestions for a shoulder?

The WSM is money well spent and I didn't even cry the one time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back