new wsm busted door

Bryan Elkins

talk about disappointing.....

putting it together yesterday, everything going good....till i go to put thr dooron....latch & handle fall right off...

the screww holding the latch to the handle comes right out, the plastic gave away.

customer service is sending me one by Wednesday, they say....i hope this isn't an omen of things to come....

Don't sweat it. Their customer service is great (apparently better than their packing/shipping), and you're going to LOVE your WSM once you get the new door. I got mine last month. Mine was missing a couple of screws, but they got the screws to me within a couple of days, and the WSM is rapidly becoming one of my favorite toys.

Weber customer service is great, but I would buy the Cajun bandit door. I've had two stock doors that look like crap.

The Cajun door looks killer.

so i got my new door yesterday, as promised....great timliness on webers part, for sure.

BUT IT'S THE WRONG DOOR!

they sent me the 18.5 door, not the 22.5 door.

Here we go again.....hurry up and wait some more!

so i contacted weber...again...and spoke with the rep, wouldn't you know it, had a abrand new one the very next day! with a paid return for the 18" door.

Their customer service manager should run for Presiden of the US. i'd vote for them!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bryan Elkins:
so i contacted weber...again...and spoke with the rep, wouldn't you know it, had a abrand new one the very next day! with a paid return for the 18" door.

Their customer service manager should run for Presiden of the US. i'd vote for them! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In my expereince if something gets messed up on an order that is already replacing something, my parts have always showed up the next day. They did that on a CC bowl for my 18" that had arrived dented. Can't imagine what next day freight cost on that thing!

Glad they got it worked out for you.

Back