New WSM 18.5 - recommend a list of recipes?

Steve Hutchings

New WSM as of Fathers day, and made the BRITU ribs. Turned out pretty good, but will need to do some reading here to figure out to make it "fall off the bone" style.

Lookin for suggestions of recipes to try over the summer - almost a list of one to ten "must trys". I have this WSM at the cottage, and every weekend would like to try something new... so a list would help me plan it all out..
icon_smile.gif

Also, next weekend is a biggie since its Canada Day on July 1 and my daughters birthday is on Independence Day - July 4 - so would really like to do something special for a bunch of friends and family!

Appreciate all the suggestions and feedback!

Cheers
Steve

Thanks Travis, I appreciate the suggestions! I have been looking at some of the recipes here but there are alot! Good to know those "must try" ones...

Thanks again!

Cheers
Steve

You can cook anything on the WSM it is only limited by your imagination and heat control. There are the standards, ribs,butts,brisket,and chicken. If you take the water pan out you can go high heat for steaks,chops, or even fry some eggs. Wonderful little cooker. Have fun!

Mark

I have to say it...

Steve, "falling off the bone" is an overused, marketing term. Many on here would prefer tender but bite firm (meaning the meat doesn't pull away from the bone on the first bite). Just an opinion.

After you get done with ribs, butts, briskets, chicken and maybe even sausage you may want to try a country ham or a standing rib roast. Hard boiled eggs are interesting as they turn brown. If you're adventurous, you may even want to try a dessert pastry (something savoury that can handle the smoke).

Good luck.

James

Thanks James on the feedback. I kinda like them more on the softer side.
I've made too many tough ribs in the past and want the challenge to see if I can make them more "fall off the bone" or more tender. Kids prefer them - especially my daughter with braces
icon_biggrin.gif

I'm looking forward to trying the suggestions. Since the long weekend is coming up, I will probably pick a couple.
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Appreciate all the feedback from all.

Cheers
Steve

"Fall off the bone"

Hate that phrase! Should be banned from this site.

...same for "sear to seal in the juices"

(sound of head hitting wall)

Back