New Weber Spirit E 310 vs used Genesis S-320

IMO the front control weber grills are not as good as the side control. Unless you never intend to rotisserie foods. The design of the older Weber mimics very well the effect of a rear rotisserie burner. With the new style only the ends of your food get the good heat. As for if you want to use grill grates than don't waste your $$$$ on a Weber just go buy a Charbroil (what they call true infrared). You'll save a ton of $$$$ and get the same results. I know I have tried one.

Could anyone explain me why the front controls are different from side controls to rotisserie?

I imagine that the rotisserie accesory is this one, isnt´t it?
images

Thanks in advance.

Because if you like rotisserie you only get "cooked ends" on the later style. But the early (side knob) style has burners across the entire width of the food you're cooking. This way you do not need a separate rotisserie burner across the back of the grill. I have done it (rotisserie) with both types of Weber grills and the difference is astounding in quality of how well they cook in this style. If you never intend to spin food than either style will suffice.

What L.M said is correct, the side control grills have East /West burners vs. Front control North / South burners. Even with all three burners going on a N/S grill it tends to cook uneven. That's why a lot of the newer grills with N/S burners have an infrared burner in the back to make rotisserie work better.

Many thanks.
I understand now. It´s not the control but the burners :rolleyes: I didn´t think about it.
i have just bought a Spirit Premium E-310. i read about the rotisserie and I didn´t see that the control had to do with it :D:D
I´m gonna sell my Q220 :(

Hey Joe! Yeah, he must still have it if it is now at $30. Not too much of a risk there. I think it is near OBT which can be a little sketchy. If you are up for a drive to Sarasota, this deal on a newer model 330 at $250 popped up a couple days ago.. I'd be all over it, but wife will kill me if I bring home another grill.

Good luck!

http://sarasota.craigslist.org/app/5786811805.html

Thanks for the tip. I'd rather deal with a covered newer Genesis than a $30 who knows what. Unfortunately I can't get out to Sarasota until the weekend.

Back