New Weber Owner in San Antonio, TX!

Sunil Punjabi

Hi everyone,
My name is Sunil, dad to 2 girls, and a dad to a coupe adopted girls that seem to hang out all the time. Been grilling for 15 years now. After replacing my 4the grill in 10 years I figure it was timeto upgrade to a Weber. Got some great advice here on this board and went for a new stainless steel grate model.

I love a good deal, and who doesn’t? Picked up this S-335 for $850, new at Home Depot. I’m eager to get the 4th of July BBQ kicked off!

Are there any seasoning or break in steps, before I start?

I hope to learn a lot here.
Sunil
0326684A-A80C-42D2-A635-FF2B4C656E85.jpeg4DBE858C-9AB4-43F6-A4BC-9E16030D568A.jpeg

Welcome, Sunil! I can't offer any advice because I'm a charcoal guy, but I did visit San Antonio in 1980!:LOL:

On my S310 I just lite it up and cleaned the grates with some oil on a towel then heated it up and let it run at a mid temp then full and back down to low for about 30 to 45 minutes. After it cooled down rewiped the grates down and started cooking. Lived in Universal City and was Married there 1975 great year .

Thanks, followed your directions. I was surprised at how hot the grill got the flavor bars were glowing red hot! I did a simple cook some burgers, dogs and Brussel sprouts. Everything was awesome, as per my family at least.

On my S310 I just lite it up and cleaned the grates with some oil on a towel then heated it up and let it run at a mid temp then full and back down to low for about 30 to 45 minutes. After it cooled down rewiped the grates down and started cooking. Lived in Universal City and was Married there 1975 great year .

Yeah those Gennys heat up fast which is great in January and 15 inches of snow . Glad your dinner came out well keep cooking and sharing we all learn from each others cooks.

Howdy neighbor! I’m just up the road in Round Rock! Nice lookin grill y’all got there

Back