New Weber handle light accessory for 2020

How is the new Weber grill handle light working out? This summer I've had another of the older Weber handle lights reform itself from heat. The plastic just doesn't hold up to the heat of the grill. Right now, while the motion part of the light still works, it is only held on the handle by the one screw that holds it to the two pieces that wrap around the handle.

I gave it to my dad since I no longer have a gas grill except the Q, but he says it's working great. He leaves it on the grill 24/7 and says it's holding up fine

Kyle:
Can you just slide the light assembly off the two piece bracket that goes around the handle? That would greatly extend the life of the light if it does. Most of my grilling and using the grill as an oven happens in daylight hours so the light wouldn't be constantly exposed to the heat from the grill lid.

Kyle:
Can you just slide the light assembly off the two piece bracket that goes around the handle? That would greatly extend the life of the light if it does. Most of my grilling and using the grill as an oven happens in daylight hours so the light wouldn't be constantly exposed to the heat from the grill lid.
Yes, it slides on and off very easily. When I used it for a couple months, I kept the light part in a drawer and took it outside only when I was grilling in the dark

Back