New Toys for my Kettle!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timothy Hoffman

TVWBB All-Star
Last week I ordered a Smokenator 1000 for my Weber. I have done ribs and butts for years using the wire charcoal rails. They turn out great but there is a lot of work involved adding charcoal, trying to keep the right temps, etc.

The Smokenator came Wednesday so yesterday I set it up and smoked a couple of small pork shoulders abought 3# each. Other than adding water and stirring the charcoal it was a breeze. That is until this morning when I had to really clean the grill. It seems in my excitement I forgot to place a drip pan below the meat! I also noticed that one of the dampers on the bottom of the grill is badly bent. (I have an EE=1999 Kettle)

After cleaning it up I called Weber and ordered up 3 new dampers and a Stainless Steel grate. The grate will be getting Mike's (mnlang) grate mod for easy access to the smoker. I have already done this to the old rusty crusty grate that came with the grill just to make sure it was something I wanted to do to a new grate. It is.

Glad to hear you like the smokenator. I really like using it also.My favorite so far using has been a whole chicken with the weber poultry roaster.The results were great.

Bought the Smokenator last month for my Silver.

Tried a few dry runs to get an idea of how to control the temps before cooking Country Style Boneless Pork Ribs. Great results.

This past week bought a 2Lb flat brisket and 7 hours later enjoyed one of the best BBQ dinners in a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back