BradP "p-nut"

TVWBB Fan
100_3103.jpg

Hey Brad, swing that thing up this way, we'll break it in bigtime tonight
icon_biggrin.gif

She's Lookin' Good!

I want one sooo bad, I think it is such a cool unit
icon_cool.gif

Don't need it but I think it would look great with my: 18.5 WSM, Genesis, 22OTS, SMJ and PK Grill
icon_rolleyes.gif

Ok I talked myself into it, gonna order through this site when the April paycheck arrives
icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Glenn W:
I want one sooo bad, I think it is such a cool unit
icon_cool.gif

Don't need it but I think it would look great with my: 18.5 WSM, Genesis, 22OTS, SJS and PK Grill
icon_rolleyes.gif

Ok I talked myself into it, gonna order through this site when the April paycheck arrives
icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by BradP "p-nut":
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by George Campbell:
No charcoal bin on the new preformer?

It has one but I won't use it.
I'm not going to leave charcoal outside or it'll get moisture in it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can understand the concern, but (for what it's worth) I've never had this problem in Dallas (pretty humid).

Brad - For what it's worth, I'm in central Florida and leave my charcoal in it's bag tucked in the storage bin. I've never had any issue with moisture. Albeit the Performer does stay under the roof in lanai, if you have a covered area outside I wouldn't think twice about leaving your currently used bag in the bin.

Brad,
I had the same concerns about the charcoal. I also live in MO. I've had the Performer about 8 months now and never had an issue. A lot of the time my Performer is not even covered up and it sits on a wide open patio exposed to the elements. All I do is roll up the top of the bag and sit it down in the bin.

I also had these concerns. Everyone knows about the humitity in Georgia. I also just roll down the bag and have no problems. I do keep a 30 gal trash bag in the bottom of the bin. When I expect rain or don't plan to use it for a while I slip the plastic bag over the charcoal bag. Then slide it into the bin, leaving room on top for a roll of paper towells, spray bottle of Clorox cleaner (for the table) and bbq gloves. It's quite handy and have no problems with moisture.

Fired it up for the first time yesterday.
Did ABT's and spicy shrimp for our Wrestlemania party. Love the grill and the bin makes a great trash can. Garage doors are 15 feet from the patio so I'll keep the charcoal in there like always.

Then slide it into the bin, leaving room on top for a roll of paper towells, spray bottle of Clorox cleaner (for the table) and bbq gloves. It's quite handy and have no problems with moisture
Thank you Dexter!
I've been trying to think of where to store paper towels outside!
Probably could fit a small container with these items atop the rolled up bag.

I too have had zero problems with the charcoal staying dry in the bin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back