New Tool Test

All the homes I have owned so far were all copper. I have done all my own plumbing and never had a sweated joint leak. My new home will be all Pex and will have to learn plumbing all over again.
Same here, I taught myself to sweat copper after I bought my first house and learned how much it cost to call out a plumber. I just recently got into using Pex A to move some plumbing in a bathroom remodel. I still had to sweat on some pex adapters to connect pex to existing copper but there is virtually no learning curve to it. The initial investment in the expansion tool hurt a little, but the rest of the work is like playing with toys compared to copper. Everything I did, I watched for at least 24 hours for leaks before I buttoned it up. Pex is definitely the future of plumbing. I'm talking about Pex A and the expansion rings, I still don't trust the version with the crimp rings.

My dad taught me how to sweat copper. I'm a hack, and rarely do it but I can get er done.

I've watched guys good at it and it's night and day.

Same with watching good welders vs the rod burners. I'm in the rod burning clan.

I came across an ad for this tool. I have quite a few tools and used to have a fairly large workshop but I've not seen one of these before:

Attachments

• 58079_W3.jpg
    58079_W3.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 6
My dad taught me how to sweat copper. I'm a hack, and rarely do it but I can get er done.

I've watched guys good at it and it's night and day.

Same with watching good welders vs the rod burners. I'm in the rod burning clan.
You're good then, it's pass or fail😃

I can sweat copper with the best of them. Even had a pro plumber tell me how good a job I do. But, I use Pex all the time now. Don't even bother with the special Pex tool. Simply use the Sharkbite type of fittings. They hold just fine. My buddy in the UK told me it's all they use there now. Though in a larger job those fittings I am sure would be costly so since most of my work is 1/2" I may invest in the one tool for it.
My only thing is I want to run air line from basement to garage to get my large compressor out of my way in the garage. I have seen mixed views on using Pex for air line. Max pressure is about 150 PSI and IIRC Pex is rated far higher. So, IDK yet on that

I came across an ad for this tool. I have quite a few tools and used to have a fairly large workshop but I've not seen one of these before:
JD - I think I saw a video of a guy using one of those to re-grain stainless steel. Looked interesting. It is called a Metal Burnishing Machine, Electric Sander Polisher for Wood Stainless Steel Polishing. If refinishing a lot of stainless or sheet metal it would be really nice to have. Here is an Eastwood infomercial on it.

Back