New to Me - Three Burner Skyline

A great find. This was posted about a week ago and I decided to just see if it was still available. The person never showed up and it was still available. It was about 20 minutes from home and best part is that it was free! I did a search on here about the Skyline and nice to see that it even has the plate behind the condiment rack. Original owners handed it down to their daughter at some point and they are now getting a new Weber.

Looking forward to restoring this and cooking on it for many years. The posts on here have been great so far on getting grounded across all of the different Webers I have including SSP, Kettles, Q's and now two Genesis. A Skyline and a redhead.

IMG_4371.jpgIMG_4372.jpgIMG_4373.jpgIMG_4370 (1).jpg

That is a prime find.
It looks complete and has black knobs. Probably the best thing I notice is that it looks like the lid DOES NOT have the dreaded fade.

That grill earns you a membership to the Skyline Club.

Is the Skyline club a real entity or just something that you guys say when someone posts a picture of one?

Thanks Larry. Thanks Bruce. This was a great find and I was glad to see that all the pieces seem to be there. Fires up nicely so will begin a general cleanup on the unit.

Black knobs? They look painted red to me.
That's what color blindness will do to you. I just knew they were not gray.
And yes, the skyline club is not an official club. But it is good for bragging rights.

Is the Skyline club a real entity or just something that you guys say when someone posts a picture of one?

No formal membership requirements other than owning a Skyline. We do give membership badges, though:

Skyline Club logo.jpg

WELCOME TO THE CLUB, BILL!

Last edited:
No formal membership requirements other than owning a Skyline. We do give membership badges, though:

View attachment 9883

WELCOME TO THE CLUB, BILL!

I think that I want to rehab one of those, what years were they made? And did they only feature the Chicago skyline or were there regional skyline grill featuring other cities?

They were a special edition only run one year I believe. I think they were only sold by Sears at the time. The production year was lat 1990's.
I have seen no other city featured on the Weber grills, but they have had limited runs with logos of companies such as Snap-On tools, I think Kroger, and several others.
Featuring a grill with the Chicago Skyline was a hail back to their roots as Weber got its start in a town not far from Chicago. There is actually a background story on the concept of the Skyline grill somewhere on line. I am sure someone can post a link. It had something to do with some execs at a meeting in a hotel looking out at the Chicago Skyline and coming up with the idea or something like that.

It was a gesture to a short lived partnership between Sears and Weber to sell the Genesis. IIRC if you went into a Sears store during that time every Weber on the floor was a "skyline" it was not sold through any other outlet IIRC

Back