New to me Silver B for free

DanHoo

TVWBB Olympian
I picked this up yesterday. Free including an empty 20lb tank.

Identical to my current 98 (TBD age) silver B. I was going to use it for spare parts for my other silver B, but this one is in pretty good shape except for paint on the lid.

Dilemma on what to do with it now.

20210526_190151.jpg

Last edited:
Dan, are you talking about the end caps or the lid proper?
Welcome to this merry bowl of nuts! You can research restoration here and get a months worth of reading! Nice find by the way.

The shiny black part of the lid is in good shape, so its the outer part that has the hinge hole. If these are the "end caps" yes that what needs to be painted along with the fire box.

This one has almost new burners, grill grates, flavorizer bars and the slide out tray under the burners. It was covered and in CA so there doesn't look like much rust.

Yeah, the forum is excellent for resto tips and suggestions.

@Bruce Thanks for the comment on the age of my other Silver B. I must have dis-remembered when I got it.

It is definitely a Silver B and is identical to the one pictured above. It was a birthday gift and I thought I received it in 98, but I guess it was later.

The Owners guide has a 1999 copyright and the SN on the tag of the owners guide is DD 6691xx.

I'm curious now how long I've had this. Thanks again.

And thanks for the tips on removing the end caps and stripping them before painting.

Last edited:
The DD in your serial number makes it a 2000 model year, the first for the Genesis Silver B line. The copyright on the manual is simply when it was published. They had to get those ready before selling the grills.

Back