New to me performer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveF

Anyone know how old this is (picking it up today for $50)?.... It is red and I think from reading here that it has to be a few years old.

3kd3p93odZZZZZZZZZ97u7d82c8cc169f1ffa.jpg

That is the same code as mine...overall shape looks great...does much need to be done on it? Im curious if you have the OPD valve on your tank

No tank and the bottom kettle is pretty bad shape. The ash sweeper is toast.... a couple of rust holes as well. So that may turn into a planter. The top of the kettle is in excellent shape though and I love the thermometer. The table part cleaned up nicely although the bottom cross members have rusted off the frame. The frame is still really solid. I mounted the bottom of my OTG to the table and going to smoke two butts tonight (I use the firebrick method to convert the kettle to a smoker).

Performers were originally available without the Touch N Go (gas ignition). Looks like yours didn't have TnG. You can get new ash sweepers - call Weber and get the stainless steel versions that were installed in Performers. Your local hardware store will have aluminized steel sweeps, but not the SS versions. Don't know about the bottom cross members, but you can ask while you are on the phone w/ Weber.

I have the same unit (w/o touch and go) and I bought it new in 1998. It has been uncoverd for the past 2 years, need to take care fo that.
Definately get the statinless steel ash sweeper if they have it, I replaced mine a few years back and the new ones need replacing already. Possibly from being uncoverd. I also had to wire the unit that holds the ash catche to the grill, since hte bracket is shot.
Great grill!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back