New to me grill today

Jess OH

TVWBB Member
I picked up a Craigslist deal on a Hasty-Bake Continental. I just ordered some new grill grates for only a little less than I paid for the cooker. I had to agree to get rid of one grill to get the new one. Oh well I guess I can live without a gasser. Any one want a crappy Char Broil Commercial Natural gas POS (me neither). I hope the picture works. I'll be left with the Hasty-Bake, a Weber kettle and a WSM. The ECB is leaving too. I can't wait to get cooking on this thing.
41VvD6G294L.jpg

Just went to Hasty Bakes web site and I gotta say, those things are pretty cool. I really liked their portable model. Looked like a small toolbox. I really like the idea of an adjustable height charcoal grate.

That is very cool, never heard of them before.

How does the fire stay hot if there are no vents? Does it intake and exhaust through the door vents only?

It has vents on the sides that are adjustable. The air drafts across the coals letting the heat and smoke turn around the cooking grates making a convection like oven. The other big thing is the adjustable charcoal pan with a heat shield that goes over the coals and gives you indirect heat for baking or smoking. This thing is built like a tank, Thick Stainless Steel and well engineered. I'll probably use the highest setting for searing steaks mostly but I might try some breads and the like too.

Sweet find Jess!!
I was seriously thinking on buying one of those ( on the recommendations from the folks who wrote Smoke & Spice ). But I found this site, and learned all about the WSM, which at the time was a better deal for me. If you don't mind me askin, did you get a steal of a deal on it. Cause those babies are like family heirlooms!!
icon_cool.gif

Tim

Yeah, I think I stole it for $125.00 I probably could have bought it cheaper if I low-balled the guy but I figured it was more than fair. I Cleaned it up and am just warming up for my 1st lunch on it. The base has a little rust I will probably sand and paint this fall but no other problems besides the front shelf missing but it is like 50 bucks from Hasty-Bake. So far I am glad I went this route instead of the new One Touch Gold I was planning on.

Back