New to me Gold B

The burner length is fine, it's the manifold lining up with the burners left to right.

I don't get this. Post some photos (correctly) so they appear inline. Either the burners will fit or they won't. No in between. The single row Genesis grills all have the same manifold spacing front to back (due to the smaller fire box), x000 burners will NOT even fit in the fire box of a single row (B, C) Genesis either. As for flames. If flames are coming out of the burners then the manifold being used is fitting the burners

Larry I think you are correct on the manifold it was just a guess a bad one however the stems that the orifice are on since I have a Silver B manifold and a 1000 in the basement. I did a comparison took a block of wood covered the orifice hole and measured it back to the manifold. On the 1000 its about 2" on the Silver B manifold it's 1 5/8, Bobby said he was off around 1/2 inch short but it could be 3/8 who knows.

It would be easy for him to do the same thing on the old manifold and the Silver B that he plugged in. They only made that model for 2 years before they switched over and those valves I linked up above fit his model they don't fit the newer Silver B's and C's.

You are the king of conversions so since that was a premium model if he took out one of the valves to see if it was continuous and it was. Could he take the orifices out of the Silver B plug them into his old manifold and off he goes. I don't know if the orifices were different and whether that would work or not, I did notice on the silver b manifold they are a little flatter than the ones on the 1000 not sure if that makes any difference at all but I really don't know.

Appreciate the help, how do I figure what part number is the LP manifold?

In the link for the valves it says Used in manifolds - 60141, 67611 I'm not sure you can even find that manifold new anymore probably plenty used from members but I really think its an issue with the valves as the orifice stem is longer on that model but you need to measure to confirm, I have one for the newer Silver b and if you did find a new one it would probably be cheaper to buy 3 new valves and plug them into your existing manifold.

Do the measurements I suggested first, pull a valve, post a picture if its a continuous valve it just might be an orifice change Larry or someone here might be able to weigh in whether you can just take the orifices out of the newer silver b and stick them in yours. Actually not sure you could not try that anyway if they fit, would take you a few minutes at the most fire it up and see what you get.

Last edited:
The Weber part number is 93073 and is also the same LP Manifold for the Genesis Platinum B. Does anyone have one they would part with?

A manifold from a Genesis 1000 LP grill will work for your grill as they utilize the same manifold. I've rehabbed a couple of those style grills already and the manifold and even firebox (surprisingly) are interchangeable so if you have a donor 1000 LP grill laying around you can have the double row firebox on that grill as I've done to my "Budweiser" grill.

qmZKZsj.jpg

rNfgHw8.jpg

I believe those were limited run grills were Weber made a single row bar firebox for the 1000 manifold. Even the flavorizer bars for that grill were a limited run, here's the ones that RC sells for them if you need...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Weber-Stai...492758&hash=item2113706b19:g:MXUAAOxyNo9SvzPf

based on the pics though it looks like your bars are still in good shape. Good luck!

I cannot believe the manifold for a double row box will fit a single (true single row) box. When Weber made the shallower fire box for the single row there is no physical way to keep the spacing and length of the burners the same to allow a X000 manifold and burners to fit. The angle of the shallow box is different drawing the burners closer together which throws all that off. Perhaps this one is not a true shallow fire box but a deep one Weber made custom bars for like my own Genesis grills in the family. My dad had his friend make a number of sets or custom single bars. So if someone looked at my own, my dad's or the one I gave the son in law they would be terribly confused

The firebox for the Gold B that Bobby has is not the same as the common Silver B/C firebox that we all know. It does utilize the same manifold as the Weber 1000 though so they are interchangeable. I believe they were a limited run however as they are not that common.

The firebox for the Gold B that Bobby has is not the same as the common Silver B/C firebox that we all know. It does utilize the same manifold as the Weber 1000 though so they are interchangeable. I believe they were a limited run however as they are not that common.

Thanks Sam, I was beginning to think I had bought a grill that parts were going to be hard to find. I have a 13 flavorizer fire box but my 1000 manifold is also NG, so I'm back to square one. I'll keep an eye for a donor grill to get an LP manifold from.

Bobby

Thanks Brian and Larry as well for the information. I'll post some pics of the Gold B when I'm done with it.

Bobby

Your welcome but could you not take the orifices out of the Silver B manifold no idea if they fit but worth a shot and then put them in your existing manifold. See what you end up with I get you need the continuous valves to achieve what you want but that was a high end grill so it may have them who knows.

That's what I would try.

Your welcome but could you not take the orifices out of the Silver B manifold no idea if they fit but worth a shot and then put them in your existing manifold. See what you end up with I get you need the continuous valves to achieve what you want but that was a high end grill so it may have them who knows.

That's what I would try.

Brian,

I may try that but the Silver B manifold is from a grill I'm planning on flipping along with a Silver C this spring. I'll probably keep that manifold for the flip grill.

Bobby

Back