New-to-me 4th Gen Performer

Bob Farace

TVWBB Member
Well, another Performer followed me home. We have a third-gen brick red Performer, but my partner has been wanting a copper one. This fourth-gen model showed up at a decent price on Facebook Marketplace. Not a deal, just a decent price. And then the seller asked if I was interested in a KettlePizza insert. Umm, yeah! Timer works (does anyone actually use them?) and the igniter works. Gave it a wash-down and blew the soot and spiders out of the gas tube with some compressed air and we’re pretty much good to go, though it needs new sweeps, so I’ll be calling Weber on Monday.

0A11618B-3282-4F78-8E98-35B35342565B.jpeg

Nice setup Bob I have never made or used a pizza grill oven, it would be cool to get a package like you did. I bought a copper top for my older brother a couple years back on his birthday. He loves it.
Enjoy and send us some photos of that pizza oven in working mode.

Last edited:
I just snagged the exact setup (in black) with a full KettlePizza Pro kit and cast iron cooking grates for $100.

Interesting note about the lid bale rollers.

I wonder doesn't the Pizza have to be cooked at a high temp. If so, wouldn't that melt the plastic bail hardware kit.

I wonder doesn't the Pizza have to be cooked at a high temp. If so, wouldn't that melt the plastic bail hardware kit.

I downloaded the KettlePizza instructions, and they say to remove the plastic rollers, as did Pat G above. I might just stick it on a non-Performer kettle instead. I don’t care to deal with breaking frozen nuts off the bail attachment.

The idea of turning replacement rollers out of something like Corian on a lathe popped into my head, too. Probably more trouble than it’s worth.

You could try testing a small piece. It will discolor with high heat, but it may retain structure.

Maybe a gasket between the kettle and the Corian?

Back