New The Huntsman Kettle Kamado Grill from Spider coming.

Well it's only $$ and you can't take it with ya, I always see red flags when I read the {customer service has been great} why did you have to contact them? there is normally a story that gets left out lol. About the only thing I can think of for contacting them is some type of problem. Hopefully they will be dependable units but time is the real test.
Mike - That is an interesting take "customer service has been great} why did you have to contact them?" Fritz - Why did you have to deal with Spider's Customer Support out of curiosity?

I've been a Spider Grills customer for a while and have a Venom as well as the Pellet-22. Never any issues with mine, but I know people contact them usually because they have had software issues. Again, tech is great, but can sometimes be a PITA that you don't have to deal with if you kick it old school

Well it's only $$ and you can't take it with ya, I always see red flags when I read the {customer service has been great} why did you have to contact them? there is normally a story that gets left out lol. About the only thing I can think of for contacting them is some type of problem. Hopefully they will be dependable units but time is the real test.
It was actually not related to issues with the product that I was referring to. I live in Canada and they don't ship to Canada. I use a cross border service and it costs me more to do multiple shipments. I was one of the first (I think second if we are keeping tabs) to order the venom on Kickstarter and i ordered the battery pack with it. I requested them to be shipped together, but the company they were using at the time to warehouse was not that great and accidentally shipped separately. Long story short, they made it right and communication with Jeremiah and Miles was top notch. Not to mention when they did have issues with the venom control board which they immediately dealt with for all venom customers, they shipped to me free of charge.

New here, but been a Weber user for many years. I own the Spider Venom with my kettle and it's been a great addition. Only thing I wish is that the bucket was of a sturdier material as it seems to dent easily. Other than that it's been awesome. I ordered the Huntsman because the I've been dealing with Spider from the beginning - owned the pellet attachment, venom etc. and they have been phenomenal in customer service and stand by their product. I don't see that changing here.

Reason I'm replying to your post is that you can have the best of both worlds as I believe that you can attach the venom to the WSK S6. That was going to me my dream setup until they had to mess with my head by releasing the Huntsman for that low price.
Wondered how the pellet attachment that connects to a kettle has held up for you? Don’t hear too much about it.

Well, I did it! Pre-order for Huntsman is in. Looking forward to sharing my opinions later this summer.

I have a ceramic diffuser/charcoal ring for the 22" Weber kettle, so I plan to use that and hope it works out rather than buying their version, at least for now. The interchangeability of Weber 22" accessories is one of the many reasons I like this new grill. I think the "spider web" thick carbon steel grates are pretty cool, but for just low and slow I could see substituting a thin rod stainless grate. And, it would be fun to try out some of my Weber GBS accessories using the stainless 22" grate I bought in Germany. I think Spider was very wise in going the 22" route, although I agree a larger grill would be nice. If this is a home run, don't be surprised if that comes next!

The side tables would be nice, but I am treading on thin ice at the home front as it is, so I think I can make do with a regular table next to the Huntsman.

I have deliberated SmokeFire, Searwood or maybe a used WSK for some time (funds aren't bountiful), but this Huntsman struck a strong chord with me, and I had an opportunity to make some good side income. I hope the Huntsman lives up to the promise. I also think the general ideas are something Weber could use as a starting point for a new product.

Last edited:
Well, I did it! Pre-order for Huntsman is in. Looking forward to sharing my opinions later this summer.

I have a ceramic diffuser/charcoal ring for the 22" Weber kettle, so I plan to use that and hope it works out rather than buying their version, at least for now. The interchangeability of Weber 22" accessories is one of the many reasons I like this new grill. I think the "spider web" thick carbon steel grates are pretty cool, but for just low and slow I could see substituting a thin rod stainless grate. And, it would be fun to try out some of my Weber GBS accessories using the stainless 22" grate I bought in Germany. I think Spider was very wise in going the 22" route, although I agree a larger grill would be nice. If this is a home run, don't be surprised if that comes next!

The side tables would be nice, but I am treading on thin ice at the home front as it is, so I think I can make do with a regular table next to the Huntsman.

I have deliberated SmokeFire, Searwood or maybe a used WSK for some time (funds aren't bountiful), but this Huntsman struck a strong chord with me, and I had an opportunity to make some good side income. I hope the Huntsman lives up to the promise. I also think the general ideas are something Weber could use as a starting point for a new product.
That’s awesome!! Looking forward to it!

Wondered how the pellet attachment that connects to a kettle has held up for you? Don’t hear too much about it.
I sold it after I bought the venom. For two reasons 1. I still liked using charcoal and didn't like having to detach it every time I wanted to use charcoal (I could only justify owning one Weber at that time, but I've seen that it was futile), 2. I feel like charcoal and chunks of wood for smoke is so much better at controlling the smoke flavor on your food than pellets (Not really trying to start a debate, just my preference). It was really easy to install. Didn't like the controls so low on the unit. Keeps temperature really well and I loved that you can use a beer can as a grease trap. Hope that answers it.

I sold it after I bought the venom. For two reasons 1. I still liked using charcoal and didn't like having to detach it every time I wanted to use charcoal (I could only justify owning one Weber at that time, but I've seen that it was futile), 2. I feel like charcoal and chunks of wood for smoke is so much better at controlling the smoke flavor on your food than pellets (Not really trying to start a debate, just my preference). It was really easy to install. Didn't like the controls so low on the unit. Keeps temperature really well and I loved that you can use a beer can as a grease trap. Hope that answers it.
I agree with you. I almost went for the Spider 22 but went with the Smokefire EX4 and decided pellets were not for me. I see the appeal of pellets, being it is the first and until more recently the only grill that worked like an oven that could turn anyone into a master griller / pitmaster.

Amazing! This product certainly has mustered some significant interest, especially on this forum which is some achievement considering its a Weber love fest!!

I am still tempted even though my current living arrangements prevent me from charcoal grilling, i would have to convince myself that it was worth jumping on the early bird price and keep for future use! Zero logic to this for sure but so is having upwards of 20 grills already!!

Jon, hopefully you document your huntsman journey and share!? I think you’d do a cracking youtube unboxing video!!

Enjoy ur new grill!!

Any word on when the Huntsman is supposed to get in the hands of some advance reviewers and user reviews posted?

I haven't made a decision yet but keep coming back to it. Seems like a good sweet spot.

Wow - Very impressed with how thick that steel is, how tight the seals are, and that 304 stainless grate, and wish he knew that the accessory holder was for the rotisserie;-) For low and slow he could have demonstrated any of the dozen ones he had or made.

Glad Tom Horsman got one early and hurried out this first review. As a confirmed pre-order customer what he showed gave me no buyer’s remorse except for missing out on a free battery pack.😲

I was most surprised by the thick stainless grates; I had assumed they were carbon steel. Very impressive! I hope the Weber compatible ceramic defuser and charcoal ring I have will work on the Huntsman. I agree with Tom that this is really important to using the 22” grate real estate while doing low and slow. For high heat grilling, that large charcoal grate should be a major benefit.

I love that fuek door and was impressed with the seals on it and the lid.

Glad Tom Horsman got one early and hurried out this first review. As a confirmed pre-order customer what he showed gave me no buyer’s remorse except for missing out on a free battery pack.😲

I was most surprised by the thick stainless grates; I had assumed they were carbon steel. Very impressive! I hope the Weber compatible ceramic defuser and charcoal ring I have will work on the Huntsman. I agree with Tom that this is really important to using the 22” grate real estate while doing low and slow. For high heat grilling, that large charcoal grate should be a major benefit.

It’s an impressive set up for the price. Looks well built. Can’t believe that grate is stainless and they aren’t advertising it.

The website does not say SS grates
It’s an impressive set up for the price. Looks well built. Can’t believe that grate is stainless and they aren’t advertising it.
im not sure it is stainless, website would surely advertise as such!?

Back