New The Huntsman Kettle Kamado Grill from Spider coming.

These guys are on to something thing for sure.
I decided to follow my heart though and ordered an WSK S6.

Looking forward to seeing you guys put these in to action.

I am having a tough time keeping up with the flip flops. Nice accessories! I really like that you don't need a separate rotisserie ring to have to store, but wondering if it may be too close to the fire. Will have to wait to see it in action.

I am having a tough time keeping up with the flip flops. Nice accessories! I really like that you don't need a separate rotisserie ring to have to store, but wondering if it may be too close to the fire. Will have to wait to see it in action.
Tell me about it. To their credit spider is making a nice statement, it was a tougher choice than I thought.
I didn’t want to regret not getting the S6 while I can.

Gotta strike while the wife is on board. 😁

Last edited:
The accessories are well thought out and look to be reasonably priced.

For me, id prefer to see the grill offered without the venom as this would reinforce the ‘manual’ capability and make the starter price even more tempting.

The grill seems quite shallow compared to a typical Kamado and including WSK, will be interested to seem some real world reviews in time.

Again, i applaud Spider for bringing something interesting and innovative to the market.

The intro price for the combo Venom and Huntsman enticed me. I'm going to consider the shelves but lay low on the rest for now.

The grill seems quite shallow compared to a typical Kamado and including WSK, will be interested to seem some real world reviews in time.

I agree it seems really shallow and I see no reason not to have it a bit deeper. But I like all the accessories they are adding. Seems to be a really well thought out other than the shallow depth.

I agree it seems really shallow and I see no reason not to have it a bit deeper. But I like all the accessories they are adding. Seems to be a really well thought out other than the shallow depth.
Looked like the rotisserie will be low to the charcoal grate.
Very impressive start though.

Shows up Tuesday.
Hopefully built Saturday and cooked on Saturday night.
😄
Glad to see you followed your heart as opposed to the checkbook. I am not trying to be prejudice against The Huntsman, it is just the unknown vs the proven one & you probably would have been second guessing your decision.

Have only been a gas griller but starting to get interested in getting a smoker or charcoal bbq. This seems pretty interesting, and into price compared to the WSK or Kamado Joe is appealing. I noticed one comment about the depth, or lack of, compared to the others. What is the significance of that and is it a big deal?

Even though I'm pretty new to the idea I'm tempted to just take the plunge with this.

New here, but been a Weber user for many years. I own the Spider Venom with my kettle and it's been a great addition. Only thing I wish is that the bucket was of a sturdier material as it seems to dent easily. Other than that it's been awesome. I ordered the Huntsman because the I've been dealing with Spider from the beginning - owned the pellet attachment, venom etc. and they have been phenomenal in customer service and stand by their product. I don't see that changing here.

Reason I'm replying to your post is that you can have the best of both worlds as I believe that you can attach the venom to the WSK S6. That was going to me my dream setup until they had to mess with my head by releasing the Huntsman for that low price.

New here, but been a Weber user for many years. I own the Spider Venom with my kettle and it's been a great addition. Only thing I wish is that the bucket was of a sturdier material as it seems to dent easily. Other than that it's been awesome. I ordered the Huntsman because the I've been dealing with Spider from the beginning - owned the pellet attachment, venom etc. and they have been phenomenal in customer service and stand by their product. I don't see that changing here.

Reason I'm replying to your post is that you can have the best of both worlds as I believe that you can attach the venom to the WSK S6. That was going to me my dream setup until they had to mess with my head by releasing the Huntsman for that low price.
This crossed my mind but I’m going to try to go old school on the WSk.
Looking forward to you guys getting your Huntsman’s please keep us updated.

Well it's only $$ and you can't take it with ya, I always see red flags when I read the {customer service has been great} why did you have to contact them? there is normally a story that gets left out lol. About the only thing I can think of for contacting them is some type of problem. Hopefully they will be dependable units but time is the real test.

Back