New Stuff for Me

RichPB (richlife)

TVWBB Wizard
No, not the food -- the methods.

I fixed up a bunch of poppers my way ( layer of cream cheese, slip of sliced ham, grated sharp cheddar with minced jalapeno veins and about 2 tbs blue cheese dressing) topped with Panko and Cajun spice). Most went into the fridge, but two were for now. One jalapeno half ( they were big -- 4+") I split, prepped as above but laid out on a slightly grilled corn tortilla with the cheddar mix between the quarters. This time i used my 9x6 cast iron skillet with a spray of EVOO to cook. I started the tortilla (taco) and added some tater crowns (c'mon, this was a lot to prep). At that time, also added one of the "normal" popper halves on the grill. Cooked decently and added a couple slices of the meatloaf I smoked about two weeks back to the skillet to sear (second new for me option). Here's the pics.
20230816_174132.jpg20230816_174242.jpg20230816_174934.jpg20230816_181233.jpg20230816_181821.jpg

The taco was fine but overwhelmed the jalapeno. Prefered my standard popper. The meatloaf was again wonderful. The taters you know.

Tonight I'm doing the same but inside. Just lazy today. Bon appetit!

No, not the food -- the methods.

I fixed up a bunch of poppers my way ( layer of cream cheese, slip of sliced ham, grated sharp cheddar with minced jalapeno veins and about 2 tbs blue cheese dressing) topped with Panko and Cajun spice). Most went into the fridge, but two were for now. One jalapeno half ( they were big -- 4+") I split, prepped as above but laid out on a slightly grilled corn tortilla with the cheddar mix between the quarters. This time i used my 9x6 cast iron skillet with a spray of EVOO to cook. I started the tortilla (taco) and added some tater crowns (c'mon, this was a lot to prep). At that time, also added one of the "normal" popper halves on the grill. Cooked decently and added a couple slices of the meatloaf I smoked about two weeks back to the skillet to sear (second new for me option). Here's the pics.
View attachment 77241View attachment 77242View attachment 77243View attachment 77244View attachment 77245

The taco was fine but overwhelmed the jalapeno. Prefered my standard popper. The meatloaf was again wonderful. The taters you know.

Tonight I'm doing the same but inside. Just lazy today. Bon appetit!
Good looking eats Rich!
Got away from my usual poppers yesterday and stuffed some with a strip of Havarti covered with cream cheese, sprinkled some Hatch seasoning on them and topped each one off with a slice of my candied Jalapeños. Turned out great.

Looks great Rich. Been a long time since we did some poppers, going to have to fix that....if I ever get enough time.
It's one of my easiest preps now, Rich -- I've done them so often. I try to keep jalapenos always on hand and usually make up at least 6 (12 poppers) to have numerous smaller cooks ready in the fridge. Takes maybe 15-20 minutes to prep that many.

It's one of my easiest preps now, Rich -- I've done them so often. I try to keep jalapenos always on hand and usually make up at least 6 (12 poppers) to have numerous smaller cooks ready in the fridge. Takes maybe 15-20 minutes to prep that many.
Actually, Barb is the popper queen, I just find them, she's the one who makes them.

"And then there's Sheila -- my wife of 54 years who, despite all my flaws..." 🥰
and to quote you, somewhat.

And then there is Herb, my love of 43 years who, despite all MY flaws .......:love:

Back