New Spirit E-310 or used Genesis for same price?

steveD

TVWBB Fan
I've been looking to replace my rusted out cheap gasser and trying to decide between new and used. I've gone from a new cheaper grill to older used Weber, to newer used Weber, to new Weber. So I'm leaning toward a new spirit E-310, but I also see a 2-year-old Genesis 310 posted on Craigslist for slightly cheaper than a new Spirit.

I know the Genesis is a but bigger with more powerful burners and higher quality construction, but I like the idea of the warranty that comes with a new grill. Thoughts from the peanut gallery?

I wouldn't worry about warranty you know that parts are available is the main thing

How much support will the spirit have down the line?

Steve, I have a 2010 Genesis E320 and nothing has gone wrong with it in six years. The grill is well made and like you said a bit bigger and size matters. But if the warranty is that important go for the Spirit.

Picked up the Genesis A-310 with side burner for $375 tonight. The only issue I've found with it is that the bottom 2 screws are missing from the cabinet. The guys swears he has then and is going to mail them to me (he was not prepared for me to take the grill today), but I'm not holding out much hope...

00C0C_ajcaLzo7bUm_600x450.jpg

Real nice find

That looks like an e-320, they came with side burners the e-310 does not come with a side burner. You don't see 320's that often since they were made only 1 or 2 years, 2011 for sure and maybe 2012 that's it.

Best of luck with it.

Thanks. After doing a bit of research last night, I also believe it is an e-320. The 310's don't have side burners, like you mentioned, and the 330's also have the extra sear burner which this one does not have. Has to be a 320, I think. The sticker inside the door is worn, but after work tonight I'm going to see if I can clean it up enough to make out the model information. Based on the product catalogs linked through this site, this has to be 2012 model E-320, since the 2011's still had side-mounted controls and in 2012 they skipped the 320's, offering only 310's and 330's.

Last edited:
Gave the insides a quci scrape down and scrubbed the grates...
20160419_182758.jpg

20160419_183021.jpg

Then it was time to try it out... figured I'd start easy with a dinner cut ham steak...

20160419_184127.jpg

I think you will be very happy with it. Like I said I have a 2010 E320 with the E/W burners and love it.

Back