New Spider Venom Kickstarter temp control for Kettle

The Venom. The pellet attachment has an ash pan I believe.
OK, you guys are right, I am sorry, I thought that you removed the one touch system and the vent and a new arm were attached to the venom unit. Now re-watching the video I see you attach the one touch to the vent door! My mistake!

It looks cool and I almost backed it, but I just realized I don't really have a use for it. For what grilling I do on it, it does just fine as is. I have a heatermeter for my WSM.

It's a cool looking device, I really miss the battery powered BBQ Guru party q. I don't care for running the extension cords out to my WSM when using the TW Billows. I've been running "manual" lately and my meat quality really hasn't suffered despite the temperature fluctuations.

I set up and used my bbq guru for the first time last night. It took a bit of fiddling around but seemed to work just fine once I found the sweet spot for the top vent.
One other thing that crossed my mind as I was setting it up were the probe wires. They aren’t mentioned in the purchase of the Venom (that I noticed) so I submitted a question to see if they are included or necessary to purchase elsewhere.

EDIT: The kit contains 1 Pit probe and two meat probes.

Last edited:

Back