New Rosle 20" and 24" premium kettle grills

Rolf

Has anyone seen one up close? http://www.rosleusa.com/Charco...ck-24--plu25004.html ]
a2d.25000.jpg

Its a bit pricey, 430 and 500. But it seems leagues ahead of Webers offerings and priced to have other premium charcoal grills like Napoleon and Outdoorchef rethink their pricing.

Rather get a preformer for those $$$. Or even a 26ér. But it looks like a decent grill. If its quality made that is.

Is it just me ... That thing looks like it's put together backa** sidewards!
I've never seen one or heard of them. They might be great grills, but for my grilling $, nothing beats a Weber!

Rolf,

Why do you say it "seems leagues ahead of Webers offerings?" If it's built as well as a Weber (which, based on other competitors, is a big if) than I'd say it's comparable. Why do you think it's so much better? Not looking for an argument, just curious.

Bill

Valid question, I like Webers, use one myself. Havent seen the Roesle up close. But, i use their accesories, and they are a notch above Weber.
But my friend has seen one, and he sells outdoorchef and napoleons premium kettles alongside Webers and he was thrilled, starting from the wheels, the solid frame,... Everything is built to last. Its made in China all right, but Webers Smokey, a kettle or two and accesories are made there as well. It has a hinged lid...
Its probably not as great for the US market, 500USD, but in Germany a 22.5 one touch gold is 350uSD and the performer 650USD.

Well.... this is a somewhat mostly Weber Forum so you are going to get a bias towards them.

Other than how these models look, it's difficult to have an opinion on them when they don't come out until February.

"15% more grill surface compared to competitors charcoal grills" well... if the diameter is larger, I would expect this. You are not going to get 15% greater surface area with the same size grate.

"Four position, precise control of ventilation: Closed, High, Medium and Low." well... Weber's vents are infinitely adjustable
icon_smile.gif

I do like the rails for hanging tools.

+ these grills are actually smaller than the OT's - 20 & 24" vs 22 1/2" & 26 3/4".
Not knocking them because I know nothing about them except what I've read here but still going to stand by the Weber's.

Interesting feedback, I never thought that the european and US market are that different. Anyone using outdoorchef or napoleon kettles?

my initial thought after seeing it: ugly. no thanks.
and by the way, this IS WEBER FORUM. Nothing is "leagues ahead" of what Weber offers. Nothing.

I'm sure it's a fine grill, but why try to reinvent the wheel? I really don't see anything superior about it? Weber has been around for 50 or 60 years, I'm willing to bet Rosele or whatever the name is, won't be around in 60 years. Frankly if I wanted a redesigned weber could just go get the Stok for $40 bucks at Home Depot. Plus I just think the Roseul looks dumb

Brian

I wheel the OTG in&out of my garage for every grill adventure and the way the lower frame is designed on that thing looks like a trip hazard waiting to happen IMO.

Tim

Oh and I think those outdoorchef and napoleon kettles look dumb too. They look like every other lame Weber clone. I wouldn't want one. However if your in the market for a non Weber type, Why not consider this bad boy,
http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/p_1...kNo=20&blockType=G20

This has foldable legs, and cheap too,

http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/p_1...kNo=22&blockType=G22

And last but not least, if you looking to go portable and get rid of your smokey joe, this one says it's a Pro Model. I'd sure hate to see the amature model

http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/p_1...kNo=21&blockType=G21

Personally I'm keeping my Webers,

Brian

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rolf:
Has anyone seen one up close? http://www.rosleusa.com/Charco...ck-24--plu25004.html ]
a2d.25000.jpg

Its a bit pricey, 430 and 500. But it seems leagues ahead of Webers offerings and priced to have other premium charcoal grills like Napoleon and Outdoorchef rethink their pricing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I really hope no one here is dumb enough to buy one of those $500 dollar grills. Does it have a 10 year warranty, if not its junk.

Roesle is from Germany and they have been arond since 1888, making their first cookware in 1903 and going to stainless steel in the 1920s.

But after some googling I just found out they moved all the production to China in 2008. Probably mostly a design & marketing company now that tries to go after new markets.
And if the world works in weird ways, Webers and Rosles factories in China are probably not more than a block away from each other.
Thanks for the feedback, learned a lot.

I'm sure they're great grills, but in my stable, I have 2 vintage Webers (a 15 year-old and a 33 year-old) that are still cooking like the day they were made. Hard to argue that any grill is "leagues ahead" of that.

Thanks for that Rolf. It's always fun to compare new products (Rosle) to the OLD standard (Weber). If I ever get a chance to check out the Rosle it would be cool.

The Rosle does a good job with modern style and bells and whistles but falls short of the Weber in precise temp control. The Weber cooks great and lasts a long time but gets the same style points as a 49 Chevy (mine was black just like my Weber). Cooking with both grills is the only way to compare them.

For now, I'll keep my dinged up, wood handled, straight legged Weber.

Back