New Performer

Status
Not open for further replies.

J Sanchez

My wife surprised me with a delayed valentines day. Long story short she bought me a green performer. Its my first grill to own and plan to do a lot of grilling and smoking in the future. Will post some pics of my first time I used it later this evening. The steaks were great.

welcome ! great choice by the wife. you owe her big time. i'm sure all the info here will keep you busy for a looooong time !

Congratulations and welcome aboard. As George said this board will keep you busy, and happy. (Your wife too, if she likes good food.)

I finally had a chance to upload the pics from setting it up and its first cook which were T-bones and Porterhouses. Pretty much my first cook ever on a grill with out someone watching or helping me. All I used were some salt and pepper and a little bit of olive oil.

IMG_0398.jpg

IMG_0402.jpg

IMG_0440.jpg

IMG_0435.jpg

IMG_0436.jpg

IMG_0442.jpg

IMG_0445.jpg

IMG_0451.jpg

Welcome Mr Sanchez.

Looks like you nailed Those T´s.
icon_smile.gif

And that green looks great,you have an fantastic wife Mr.

Keep the posts comming!

For a first cook without anyone helping or watching you, I think you've pretty much got it down pat! Keep it up, and explore your new found talent (with your new found equipment, that is)!!
icon_smile.gif

Barret

Congrats on the Performer, It will last a long time and it looks like you nailed those steaks! nicely done.

IMG_0451.jpg

Freakin nailed it! My first cook on my first kettle wasn't even edible, much less picture/post worthy. Welcome to TVWBB. You're gonna fit in here just fine!

Thanks everyone. I wanted to take a better picture of the T-bones but all that was left was a little pieces and the bone. I never got to take a picture of the porter sliced because I was too hungry and everyone had already started eating.

What kind of charcoal is good? Ive used a bag of stubbs and now im using a bag of kingsford. I also saw some royal oak lump for about 3 dollars for a bag at the commissary and might give that a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back