New Performer Platinum Arrived Today

Elaine W

TVWBB Member
The Weber Performer Platinum in black arrived today. Lowe's did a good job of assembly. No dings, scratches, loose nuts or bolts. The ash catcher ring is out of round making it a bit difficult to attach the ash catcher. If the charcoal heat or pressing on it does not solve the problem I'll give Weber's customer service a call.

From the smoothness of the lid holder, heft of the lid to how easy it rolls it is clear the Performer is a quality product. The engineering that went into designing and manufacturing is quite impressive. I could not be more pleased.

Weber has done their part. Now it is time to begin using the tips, techniques and recipes shared by the generous members of TVWBB. Thank you for being there!

When I got my OTG, I found the ash catcher out of aline as well. However, after using it a few times and getting down on all fours to see how the thing actually attaches, it goes in much better. I am quite happy that I returned the silver for the gold as I think I am much happier with the "better" grill.

The ring is very easy to get out-of-round. It's also very easy to get back into shape, too. Pop it off and take diameter measurements to find the long & short sides. Gently squeeze the long side together and repeat the measuring process. Once it's close, snap it back into the leg holders and give it a whirl. Since I did that, it's simple to install/remove the ash pan. Before - it was a struggle and understandably so. Square peg - round hole.

Only bad thing I have to say about my Performer I just purchased is why did I take so long to purchase one. Your going to love it.

Back