New Model?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this Platinum 18.5 grill new? I've not seen this before...but it's kinda cool
icon_cool.gif
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obi...WLU/thevirtualweberb

Ron,
It appears to be a no longer made model.

I'm still learning about past Weber models, and didn't know they ever made an 18.5 Platinum.

Do any of our members own one??

AFAIK, thats definitely old. They stopped selling it a couple years back. Its the same basic idea as the new OTP, just not as cool.
icon_smile.gif

And if I remember correctly, not many have a 18" OTP, just the "22 OTP.

They're pretty rare. Justin, I saw one on Boston CL about a year ago. I was too slow, but I'm surprised you didn't score it.

I have that exact grill. I just bought it for $40 on halloween night. She was asking $35, but didnt have change for my $40, so I gave her a $5 tip. Havent fired it up yet, but ordered a cover from Weber last week for it because I couldnt find one anywhere. The cover cost the same as the grill ...

I've got exatly this model with a green kettle. its a 2001 build ( DA on the top vent lid ) .

I purchased the floor model - last one they had at a Costco a few years ago. Paid $100 and I used it for a couple of years and sold it to a neighbor. I still visit the grill. Great size, the worktable, and perfect for when the 22.5 wasn't needed. I would not have sold it if I had seen the photos of using it as a base for my WSM. Life goes on...

The photos where somewhere on the TVWBB, the 18.5 base with the WSM on top. It looked a little tall but still a great idea. I will look for the photos.

I can't find the photos but I think they were in one of the threads with "family photos". I'll keep looking. It is a great idea that I'm sure the engineers at Weber would prefer we not try.

If I have to I'll go get the grill, put my WSM on it, and take a photo.

Again, I wouldn't have sold it if I had seen that first. OUCH...

Bob and Tim - PERFECT, thanks!! I know I had seen those photos and threads. I was starting to wonder if I was loosing it...again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back