New member from middle Tennessee

Kenny McDonald

Been smoking for a few years - first with a knockoff smokey mnt charcoal smoker that a I made quite a bit of smoked meats on. Bought a 30" MES 3 years ago and think the charcoal smoker makes better tasting meat but like the convenience of the electric smoker. I let my charcoal smoker stay out in the weather uncovered to the point that the outer ring of one section rusted through along with all the brackets for holding the grates. I used it on Super Bowl Sunday with the single remaining section for some wings and a butt roast - they were both awesome. So fast forward to yesterday - bought a Weber Smokey Mnt 18.5. Fired it up yesterday to burn off the manufacturing gunk. After about three hrs of running it super hot I put some wings and two half chickens on it. Mainly as a continuation of the seasoning process - but didn't chuck them. They were both good. I'm going to keep charcoal handy and keep this thing fired up often.

Welcome to the group Kenny. Keep the grates from the old cooker . If they are still good they come in handy.

Welcome aboard Kenny. Don't forget to stock up on charcoal when the next big sale comes along.

Back