New Med Report On "Charred Beef"

G.A. Green

TVWBB Member
Anyone see the Google item on a report/study having to do with levels of "charred" beef and increased health risk?

Any opinions? Any docs in the house? Herr Kruger?

I assume ...."moderation in all things"?

The comments section of the article have a number of points and I think we will have to wait until the peer-reviewed publication is released. Some things I saw right away is that it pertained to those eating well-done meat (who would do such a thing to a steak?). These types of studies are correlational and no causative link has yet to be established. But then again, I’m not a biomedical researcher…oh wait, yes I am (and I will be in denial till I drop dead in front of my grills).

Here's a thread with a few more responses. Now excuse me, I have to eat some good char.
icon_biggrin.gif

http://tvwbb.infopop.cc/eve/fo...80069052/m/209108711

most studies that report certain food is bad for you are aiming at a political agenda driven purpose. and have about as much proof and scientific fact as saying everyone who had a car wreck drank water in the last 24 hours so drinking water causes car wrecks.

there is still no proof that transfats have anything to do with heart disease or clogged arteries. but it serves a political agenda of certain farm conglomerates to have their vegatable oils sold rather than animal fats for cooking.

be careful of false studies as anything taken in too large quantities has detrimental effects. even drinking water to excess will kill you.

Evey year, about this time, this comes up. Must be that winter is over for most of us and the grills get going so..... I don't care, I eat what I want when I want. If I'm going, I'm going happy, with a full belly of charred red meat.
icon_wink.gif

Back