New Kingsford PDF

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
Kingsford has been visiting barbecue competitions in the U.S. handing out versions of this flyer that explain the new product. It has recently been updated and will soon be posted on their Web site, but they sent me a copy so you can take a look now if you're interested.

It provides a great deal of information about the new product and attempts to address some of the conflicting info written about new K on some Web sites.

New Kingsford PDF

Regards,
Chris

Hi,

In a separate message thread (which I cannot seem to locate now), I said that I'd contact Kingsford to get the info behind the reference to BTUs in this PDF.

Here's the response I got from Kelly Burke at Kingsford R&D:

"After completing some confirmation replicates, the overall average was pretty close to my initial read. Sure Fire at the reduced weight, still provides 16% more BTU's than Legacy, which is consistent with the 13% more Cooking Time that we mention on the pdf and the longer cook times I've seen with the WSM."

Regards,
Chris

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tom L.:
So, they're claiming it burns hotter AND longer? They must not read the forums here... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Yes, that's the claim they make based on extensive lab testing.

See my article below, especially the graphs on page 2.

Kingsford R&D Lab Trip Report

Regards,
Chris

I have to agree with Kingsford. My last smoke I only filled charcoal ring half way. I was planning on finishing in oven. Anyway it burned for 9hrs.

Back