New Igniters less than $6 on Amazon

Joe Anshien

TVWBB Platinum Member
Thanks Joe, just in time.

If you order more than one at a time, you only get one 50 cent coupon. But if you order one multiple times you can get the 50 cent coupon each time.

I hear you guys. I would probably spring for a few single orders as well, but I picked up about 8 or 9 genuine Weber ones from Home Depot a month or so ago for about $3 each.

I hear you guys. I would probably spring for a few single orders as well, but I picked up about 8 or 9 genuine Weber ones from Home Depot a month or so ago for about $3 each.
Me too Bruce! HD made it impossible to pass up those clearance prices.

Thanks for heads up, Joe! I wish they had a similar deal on the earlier versions for Genesis 1-5, and x000 grills.

EDIT: Duh!!! That one IS for the earlier Genesis. I will have to get a few!

That Summit I picked up for the grates has all sorts of spare parts on it. Among other things, was able to piece together a nice igniter for my buddy with the button from the 1000 box combined with one of the four or five good igniters on the monster. Had to modify one of the connections a bit but nothing a few minutes with an awl and a small screw driver couldn't accomplish. It was fun and best of all was the price.

View attachment 45960
Unfortunately it's not available in Canada. I had to buy the weber brand igniter instead

Ugh...the *$%!# P3 igniter. Put my name on the list for a better option, too.
I've seen two different designs...Likely for different models. On my circa 2002 P3, the igniter bolts through the bottom of the firebox. It's a terrible design and difficult to replace. I've seen another design that attaches to the bottom of the bowtie burner. This looks a bit more convenient to replace which is why I'm wondering if this igniter would work.

T

This is the ones I have used and am using. They work fine. No problems. $32 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007DMT2VG/?tag=tvwb-20
View attachment 45987
I don't know what the sleeve is in your photo, but maybe it is the difference maker. I've struggled to get my OEM Broilmaster igniter to stay correctly in place. I keep my grill inside our camp so the bears don't get to it and the igniter keeps wanting to swing off to one side or another as the grill gets rolled in and out. You'd think it would be easy with all of the adjustment nuts, but I have yet to find the secret setting or sweet spot to make it happen.

I don't know what the sleeve is in your photo, but maybe it is the difference maker. I've struggled to get my OEM Broilmaster igniter to stay correctly in place. I keep my grill inside our camp so the bears don't get to it and the igniter keeps wanting to swing off to one side or another as the grill gets rolled in and out. You'd think it would be easy with all of the adjustment nuts, but I have yet to find the secret setting or sweet spot to make it happen.
I have not had that issue with these. I put the spacer on the wire, then the nut, tighten it, then install from inside, put the ground ring, final nut, and tighten while holding the igniter in place. I have moved my grill multiple times, taken out the burner, and the igniter has not moved. These will also work with any igniter button. I have used electric, piezo, BM and weber.

Back