New grilling book

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barry McCorkle

TVWBB Super Fan
I purchased Steve Raichlen's(The BBQ Bible) new book "How to Grill" last night and I think it is excellent. Most of the book is for grilling but it does have a couple of recipes for BBQ that seem to be right on! The book has full color step by step photos for cooking, preparing and presenting all cuts of meat. The section on chicken is great!

This book is the only thing that comes close to Chris A. and this site as a source of detailed step by step instructions for making great food!

He spends one section of the book discussing the different cookers/grills that are available with OUR favorite, the Weber Bullet as the featured water smoker. The man knows his equipment!

If I had to recommend books to a newbie, my list would be as follows:

1. Smoke and Spice by the Jamisons
2. How to Grill by Steve Raichlen
3. Paul Kirk's BBQ Sauces
4. The Great American BBQ and Grilling Book by Smoky Hale

SC Que

Good morning Barry:
Your list of recipe books sounds like you've been under my cabinet snooping! Although I don't have the Great book of Grilling, etc.(at least not yet!) I do have another that Chris recommended and that I purchased a few weeks ago, "Weber's Big Book of Grilling". Fantastic 'cross-over' (grill vs. smoker) recipes that I've already read, used and enjoyed. The responsible Weber editors are almost as good as the engineers who built the WSM! One might also consider another of Raichlen's books entitled " Barbecue! Bible : Sauces, Rubs, and Marinades, Bastes, Butters, and Glazes". Although it sounds like the same title as the one you've listed (The BBQ Bible), it is more of a recipe book rather than a how-to. I've used it to get some really different marinades and rubs especially one his son contributed using coffee. Here's hoping your Father's Day is half as good as mine will be (smoking 2 turkeys using 2 different honey brine recipes).
?.John

I found your list of recommended books interesting.... I am just getting into this "smoking" stuff and yesterday I ordered the Smoke and Spice along with theChampionship Sauces... I will also look into the new one you recommended...
Thanks for this service - I intend to look at it everyday...
I am planning to use the smoker for the first time this weekend - just haven't decided on baby back ribs or brisquit the first time...!!
Thanks again !!
Gary

Gary,

Try the ribs first. Faster, easier, and a greater chance of success the first time out. Save the brisket for later when you've got some WSM experience under your belt. Just my 2 cents...

Have fun,
Chris

I just ordered mine,plus Weber's Big Book.
Almost bought the Weber book yesterday at Home Depot but put it back. Amazon.com is a little cheaper.
Billy Gardner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back