NEW GENESIS VS NEW SUMMIT SIDE BY SIDE

The last two times I went to a local hardware store with a great selection of Weber’s there is an employee there that won’t leave me alone. I just want to look, I’m not dropping $4000 on it, I just want to look. Then I was looking at the slate, and she broke one of the shelves trying to show me how it works.

That should be an excellent basically "lifetime" choice if cared for
Yeah that was my thought. As much as I wanted to stay with Weber, for the same price it looks like this will last much longer.

Definitely looking forward to getting this project done. I’ve been cooking on my Egg all year. It’s great but at times I miss just being able to turn on gas and do a quick cook.

Glad it has cast aluminum firebox as we have wished to see for years.
Why is a cast aluminium firebox a plus? Is it that much sturdier than a welded firebox?

I was sort of in the market for one. I have to sell one of my motorcycles, because kids, and could use that to invest into my other hobby. But I am not convinced that a summit would give me my money's worth of fun. Maybe because it feels like the LED lighting has become more important than the flames.

Apart from the obvious IR spit burner. Is the cooking experience of a summit actually more fun than on something like a spirit? Does it have more even heat distribution?

One huge advantage of the new vs old Summit is the cast aluminum fire box gets rid of the major weakness of the Summit line from the 1st day it was introduced. Incurable firebox rust through. My own fell victim to it and was abandoned by Weber while still under warranty no less. And oddly Weber stuck with that same inferior design from day one until now.
Had they simply switched the material to 304SS then the issue would be a non issue. But they stuck with the same inferior sheet metal.
Cast aluminum should eliminate the burn through and maybe even improve heat dissipation by evening it out some. Time will tell on that angle. But definitely corrosion abetment

I like these new Summits quite a bit besides the price. But the pricing seems egregious, IE you would need to chop off 30% to get in the ballpark. I also cant really fathom why an all stainless steel cart on a stainless steel grill is so elusive with Weber. I just put together some all stainless steel cabinets from Grilla Grills for my backyard which are very nice, and not expensive. Their gas grill which is only in the $900 range has an all stainless cabinet. I also did a quick search on BBQ guys and nearly everything has a stainless cabinet once you get past the $2000 mark. Bull, Blaze, Coyote, Lion, Summerset, RCS, AOG, and all the way up to the super high end brands.

Going all stainless on the Summit cabinetry would be a way to better distinquish the Summit line from the higher-end Genesis grills. I also think Weber should offer some hood colors besides stainless and black.

Back