"New" Genesis Gold C

Mike Russell

Hey guys!

I have been a longtime lurker on these forums and just thought I would post my more successful Weber experience (I still haven't finished my 3000 rebuild I started over a year ago. Sigh.)

Basically 2 things happened:
  1. Got a Silver C off Craigslist for free. Really in overall great condition, just needed new flavorizers and a new crossover tube to go along with a good cleaning. Only problem for me is that it was propane and I needed NG.
  2. Got a Gold B from a friend (he bought a new Genesis). Heavily used and abused, but it was natural gas and the price was right again (free)

So what I wanted to do was basically just take the stainless steel hood, stainless steel panel, and NG hookup off the Gold B and put it on the Silver C. I swapped all the regulators and such so I had the NG on that silver frame, but when I went to take off the hood from the gold, the pin was stuck (had become one with the hood) and long story short in trying to get it out, the grill box broke, so now I have a Gold with a broken grill box and still can't use the hood since the pin was fused in there.

Anyways I come on here and see someone else post something about their warranty. It was then that I looked and saw that the Gold had never been registered! I registered it, contacted Weber support and they sent me a new hood and grill box! I threw them on there and now I basically have a brand new grill (now a "Gold C")! Super excited and ready to grill! Plus the leftover parts I have from various other ventures gave me enough to build out a Silver B for my dad!

These things cook great and I will be a Weber supporter for life (already picked up a Smokey Mountain to go with it!). Thanks for all the advice everyone!

Looks great Mike, you have to love Weber support. I always register with them, no matter how old the grill. I think they have a hunch that they have a lot of people who are married to their brand.

Anyways I come on here and see someone else post something about their warranty. It was then that I looked and saw that the Gold had never been registered! I registered it, contacted Weber support and they sent me a new hood and grill box! I threw them on there and now I basically have a brand new grill (now a "Gold C")! Super excited and ready to grill! Plus the leftover parts I have from various other ventures gave me enough to build out a Silver B for my dad!
Was the lid and firebox sent for free?

I just picked one up about this vintage today. No side burner but has the doors that enclose the cart. Can't wait to run the numbers and see what it is and what I may get out of it. Frame is pretty much toast. Hood is the main reason a grabbed it but who knows where this will go

I just picked one up about this vintage today. No side burner but has the doors that enclose the cart. Can't wait to run the numbers and see what it is and what I may get out of it. Frame is pretty much toast. Hood is the main reason a grabbed it but who knows where this will go

Yeah I have seen a few that are similar here near Charlotte (not sure if that is where you got yours). Great grill, just wish the frame held up a bit better than it does.

Back