New Genesis 2022 Warming Rack

ManuelRojas

Hi guys, pretty straigth forward question: anyone knows if the new 2022 genesis warming rack fits the 2021 genesis II??

After giving some tought i would pretty much stay with the 2021 model if the new warming rack fits in there.

Here in Chile the new genesis will be launched next year so i don't wanna wait neither pay the extra price for "smart features" , and the 12 years warranty isn't bumper to bumper so i'd preffer stay with the old one.

Anyone knows this?

thanks in advance!, greetins from Chile South America!.

It should fit but you would need to remove the clamps on your 2021. The new rack just hangs on the lip of the grill instead of fitting into the two clamps like on the 2021. The grill box dimensions are pretty much the same. I believe the grates are identical on both, so the rack should fit.

My little Ace store in Brazil, IN actually has a new Genesis and one last Genesis II on display. (I wish I had money to just throw around, because I think I would buy that last II with the Ace special Indigo color.) Anyway, I went and checked, and you CAN put the new style fold-down upper grate in place of the version that comes with the Genesis II. The new one has simpler hooks, but hooks on the back of the firebox just like the earlier one which featured the hinge built into the holder since it was just a single piece. The fireboxes seem to be the exact same size.

GENESIS II top rack
Fold Down top rack Genesis II.jpeg

New Genesis "Tech" grill top rack
New Style Fold Down top rack Genesis Tech.jpeg

For what it may be worth, a magnet grabs on to that new fold-out rack. But, it also does to the stainless grates down below. It is possible both are 430 stainless, but I have to wonder if the top rack is nickel chrome plated steel. Does anybody know for sure?

It was also pretty obvious to the naked eye that the sides of the firebox on the new Genesis were clearly thinner than on the Genesis II. I hope to bring my caliper and try to measure more objectively and start a thread about this often kicked around topic.

Yah, I am sure it is chrome plated. Looks great for a year or two. And I think those will be a lot more expensive than the old simple ones to replace.

it actually look the same, but if its chrome steel i would preffer to stay with the old one. Maybe dave santana could make something better.

Kind of sad know this, one reason less to buy the new genesis, only the height of the rottiserie and the hidden gas tank looks better than the old model.

I will buy the Gennie II e-435. is 20 cm more big than the another but here in Chile is the only that comes with a sear burner.

Thx to everyone

Back