New From Alabama

JeremyBusby

Hello, all.
I am in the process of refreshing a P3HG Broilmaster Pedestal grill and I wanted to join because I found a very informative thread that I have been reading, in detail, the past week or so. It is great information and I feel better about my thought processes on some things after finding that other people have thought the same thing as well. It will not be a factory fresh restoration and most of my budget is going to function more so than aesthetic. It has to be 20 years old and I intend to get 20 or more years of service out of it. The only hiccup I have come across is finding a high-heat green paint. Rustoleum doesn't make the green high heat they used to offer. I believe the new units from the factory are in black, so that is what I will be using. I have looked at Stove Bright, but the greens they offer seem to be hit or miss.

I also use charcoal grill too. It is not a Weber, but it gets the job done. I will upgrade to something better when the BM project is done. I can't tell you what brand it was, but the best charcoal grill I ever had was the one I had in college and a few years after. Small, table-top from Walmart. It kind of looked like a space ship.

I am pretty internet savvy and have an understanding how online forums work. I won't post questions unless I have used the search feature first.

Back