New Dual probe remote thermometer coming to the market

Status
Not open for further replies.
Orderd mine the other day!
My thinking on this is,... If they fixed the problems of the last dual probes, then we will be some of the happiest cooks. If not, we will all be posting on what a bunch of junk we bought.
Im hoping these are worth somthing. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

JIM

Okay, so I said I didn't want a digital...but this model seems to address most of the things I needed but couldn't find. Will I still need to do the aluminum tubing and E clip business or can I rest the grate level (wire?/probe?) under the lid. I don't even know if they have any left, they don't open until noon today.
Amazon emailed me that my WSM was shipped yesterday...Whoo-Hoo! Gotta make sure that I'm good to go when it arrives.
Go ahead...say it...fickle female....

You can do either of these methodes. Or you can hang it threw the top vent. Some stick the probe threw a potatoe which is left on the grate. I dont use a clip with polder type thermometer.I have a hole drilled in the side of mine about 2 inches above the top grate. The hole is just large enough for the probe to fit threw it. So far I have really only used the digital for meat temps and have a dial therm. in another spot for cooking temps. My plan is to use this new gadget for both.

Jim

Called the GadgetSource and ordered my Maverick, Whoo-Hoo! She said the original supply was exhausted but they have 35 more that can be shipped directly from another store, should take about 3 days for me to get it.
Question: I read on one of the posts that on some of the digital thermometers (I think Polder was being discussed), that water can get into the wires and cause problems. The recommendation was to submerge the probe in oil to prevent this. Will the Maverick need the same type of priming, and if I hang the probe from the top vent, will condensation running down the wire cause more of a problem than just putting it under the lid. I like the idea of the top vent because I wont have to worry about the lid damaging the wire.
For those that have had a chance to use it...well, what do you think?

I received my two ET-73s on Friday. Put one together and tried some of the settings. Can't wait to put it to use for a Father's Day Pork Butt. This will be my first attempt at low-n-slow with my new WSM, as I didn't have a real thermometer before. Have done some steaks, corn on the cob, potatoes, and chicken breasts, but not the long, unattended BBQ.

The probes are not to be submersed in water, but it is safe to wash them. Based on this, I doubt any condensation that results from hanging one from the dome will cause a problem. I think of them as air-bake cookie sheets -- you can wash them, just don't hold them under water. Since the unit isn't sealed, it may force air out when under water, which then makes it very hard for the water to get back out.

Geordon

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> The probes are not to be submersed in water, but it is safe to wash them. Based on this, I doubt any condensation that results from hanging one from the dome will cause a problem. I think of them as air-bake cookie sheets -- you can wash them, just don't hold them under water. Since the unit isn't sealed, it may force air out when under water, which then makes it very hard for the water to get back out.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>This is why I'm worried about the condensation problem...I guess I'll find out as everyone starts using it.
Let me know how it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back