New Dual probe remote thermometer coming to the market

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Raveret

TVWBB Pro
Our Prayers may have been answered with a new product coming out of Maverick Industries in a couple of months. I called them today looking to get a couple of probes as back ups and got in a discussion regarding a product that if it lives up to its intended use will prove quite useful for us. Heres the feature run down as I understand it.

Model number: Maverick ET 73
Price: $60.00
Wireless remote reciever
Dual probes: 1 for the meat the other a smoking chamber temprature probe
User adjustable HI/LOW temprature range with alarm for for the smoking chamber probe. (ie: grate level temprature probe)
unit also hs a timer.
Rainproof constrction

Product should be on the market in time for the summer season mid may to late May expected availibility.

I will share more details as they become available. This thermometer looks like everything I wanted in a gadget for temprature control!!!!!

He also explained that the unit can be used even if the person next to you has one operating but that you have to initalize it 300 feet away form anyone using it and then you can use it right next to another unit if you wish.

Hiya Tom,

I think that is pretty cool ! Looking forward to some news !!!

Thanks,

Marc

Well best update I can give right now is still hoping for the middle of May to get some in my hot little hands. It all depends on a slow boat from china (thats an old Jimmy Buffett song) No actually they are coming over on a fast plane from China but I can't get any commitment as to when until they get here. If the timing works out and I can get them in time I will try and take a few of them to MIM with me for anyone who expresses intrest in them. I have the advertising copy but have been asked to hold it until May 15th.

Until I get my hands on one and play with it for a hile I cannot attest to its functionality though. We have all had bad experiences with gadgets that didnt live up to their hype...especially Q'ing thermometers!!! I love the Maverick(Williams and Sonoma) remote I have now and am very hopefull that this will be an improvement on a theme.

Tom

I hope Maverick fixes the issue where the receiver loses contact with the sending unit if the temperature does not change every few minutes. That has been a problem I've encountered using their current single-probe wireless model with my WSM, and, according to Maverick, its in the design of the unit. Given the slow cooks and inherent temp stability of the WSM, I haven't had good luck with their current wireless.

Clark

I haven't had that problem with mine and used it for 7 overnight cooks give or take a couple. I only had the problem when I tried to get too far away (IE: the proximity of the bed to the WSM).

Interesting Clark, after talking with Maverick they confirmed to me as well a battery saving feature in the chip that causes the unit to stop transmitting if there is no change in temprature after a certain period of time. The good news is that no such logic exists in the new unit and it shouldn't be a problem. (I guess that I haven't had the problem with the old unit only demonstrates how I am challenged at temprature control techniques)

Update on the arrival of these gadgets is they are due today but he will call me when thay are actually here and available.
here is a link to let you see the details.

http://www.maverickhousewares.com/new/et73.htm

Thanks Tom (and for the email)! As soon as you hear that they have arrived, will you let me know? I will order one right away.

Do I understand correctly - it will alarm for both a too-high temp and a too-low temp?

Tom-- thanks for the link to the new unit. Looks like Maverick has taken us "low and slow" folks to heart with the new dual-probe model. I may have to give it a try also. Let us know how it works for ya.

Oh, and a nite lite too-- perfect for those 12+ hour brisket and pork shoulder cooks in the WSM!

Clark

I too have emailed Maverick and one person told me by this Friday, the other responded that it will be 3 to 4 weeks. Hopefully the sooner date. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I just ordered two this morning from Linda at TheKitchenSource or TheGadgetSource. You may get a better price than $60 from Linda. Call soon, as they only received a dozen, and the phone has been ringing off the hook.

I previously contacted Darren Keller at Maverick on May 19 after seeing the ET-73 on their website. He even emailed me a .pdf of the manual. Looks very impressive, given the Maverick reputation and the price.

Geordon

Woo-hoo! Just ordered one, I'll have it on Monday (and at about 33% off). Thanks for the heads up Geordan.

just got my two ordered, still at $40. They still have some in stock, but not many. Linda couldn't figure out how so many people had found out about them, since they're not on the website or anything yet. They've been swamped with calls! <grin> I told her that they had been a popular topic of discussion on several BBQ forums, and that good news travels fast...

Keri C
Smokin on Tulsa Time

Cool I have been looking for something like this for a while, I can not wait to try this out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back