New Charcoal Starter Method

Matthew

TVWBB Pro
Really got tired of finding paper, ripping bags of charcoal and getting ash EVERYWHERE... So after a few competitions, I saw flame throwers, torches and burners.... I decided that I would go with a single burner and try that... So I bought it all, hoping it would work...

The start... Looks promising..

4-5 minutes in... SMOKE...

And half the time as paper and NO ASH....

Will try this when needed...

That looks like a cool idea. Once I get a double burner cooktop for bbq area I will definitely try that.

Cool idea, But not for me it look's way to unstable & with the wind that comes thru are town it get blown over & then disaster lol

It does have notches so it's just flat. I don't or won't just light it and leave. I would like to use a wand, but places don't have power all the time.

I use something similar It's flat and very stable, best part is all three of my chimneys fit on it securely.
DSCN2661_zpsgjpslgnq.jpg

Cotton balls rubbed in vasoline. Works just as good as cubes and a ton more for about the same price. i like the idea Matthew, if it works for you, go with it!
Tim

Interesting, kind of like your own gas assist. I like it, but as others have written it probably needs work on stability.

Back