New cast iron grill on the SJG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaun R

TVWBB Hall of Fame
I went to HD and bought this cast iron grill on clearance for $14 after tax. I took it home and made a few cuts and here it is. You will also see my offset mod made from the old rusted grill cut in half. I have a burger cook planned for it tonight.

Thanks for the custom grill advice George!

Shaun, I like this!
Looks Grate! (I mean GREAT!)
What did you use to cut with?
Is this porcelain coated CI?
Is this ONLY Cast Iron?
Nice job! Looks very professional!

Hey guys, okay

Jim, I used a fine metal blade on a jigsaw, but I went through about three or four blades. They just stop cutting at some point. And yes it is pure cast iron. With porcelain coated one blade would have probably did the cuts.

Travis thank's and the charcoal retainer worked great on the burgers tonight.

George, check the end of the aisle near the BBQ's at HD. That's where the deals are.

Thanks for the replies, now have a burger.
icon_smile.gif

Nice job on the cuts.

Do you always do burgers on indirect like that. It looks from the pick like you have coals over to one side (1/2 chimney?) and foil on the bottom of the bowl.

Is this to work the venting of the SJG on the side? I have the SJS with single bottom vent.

Hi Chris, if you notice in the picture above I made a split grill using half a grill as a mod. I sear burgers direct but I move them indirect when they are about ready and add cheese. It keeps the cheese from melting too fast and falling in the fire and I don't burn my hands. You can also fit a lot more this way. Give it a shot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back