New Addition to the Family...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Douglas Perry

TVWBB Member
After 2 years of patiently searching I finally found a redhead from 1991.

Red%20Weber.jpg

It is in good shape but needed a new one touch cleaning system and cooking grates. The wood handles needed some aggressive sanding so they're not perfect. I'm going to touch up the chips.

Beautiful Grill Douglas,
How do you plan on touching up the chips?

My neighbor has a 96' Red Head that I`ve always admired. One day I asked him if he would trade my Black OTS for his red head, and he said "with out a dought". Mind you it does have some chips, wood handles need work or replaced, and the one touch system is gone.

After seeing your beauty I`m thinking about the trade.
How do you touch up chips? High temp paint? Is the color close?

One touch system is $10 and a stainless steel grate is about $20? Sounds like you're in good shape. That is a nice grill - and the wire condiment holder on the left is a nice touch.

Congratulations on a great addition.

Pat

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ian J:

After seeing your beauty I`m thinking about the trade.
How do you touch up chips? High temp paint? Is the color close? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks. I will use some sort of high temp paint. Others on the board have done the same. The color won't match exactly but will still look good.

I cleaned up my new redhead and she looks pretty good for 19 years...

Fireball.jpg

Fireball2.jpg

I decided to do a test run and something magical happened...

Fireball3.jpg

I was in total shock at the beautiful transformation that took place. Even more amazed at the transformation back to red after cooling down.

This grill was worth the wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back